Rovers v Arbroath

12 hours ago, buchan30 said:

If they can keep Nouble beyond january, arbroath can possibly push for the playoffs. Felt you pressed well yesterday and played some decent stuff at times. Fair to say officials had a nightmare yesterday. I fully expected the ref to blow for the ball hitting dicks arm.

Low & Gold will be back soon which will feel like new players and hopefully Livingston keep winning and it could happen 🤩 I know the goal is 8th but we are better than that.

7 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Low & Gold will be back soon which will feel like new players and hopefully Livingston keep winning and it could happen 🤩 I know the goal is 8th but we are better than that.

I can't see more than one or at a push two of the current bottom five finishing ahead of you so 6th, or 7th at worst, is easily achievable.

On 16/10/2021 at 23:15, DUAFC said:

I absolutely love your post mate

It's  totally random, all over the place and at 11 on a Saturday night makes total sense to me....

Ok if your too simple to read it on a saturday ill summarise

Dicks long ball tactics do not work the majority of the time

Weasel like fans, on players backs after a bad game is a poor show

Dicks reluctance to change tactics results in other teams switching on and countering said tactic to the point it no longer works

Having a go the players, yet praising the guy who deploys those tactics is insane

Having a go at players like Hilson, Thompson etc who have had little to no game time, expecting them to come in and make an instant impact is stupidity

I just wonder how many of our fans are actually fans or simply look for ways to get stuck into the team.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Still reads like a rant, but if I've managed to follow, you blame the manager for his tactics and the fans for not supporting. 

I guess I really must be simple for not being able to follow your logic.

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Dicks reluctance to change tactics results in other teams switching on and countering said tactic to the point it no longer works

Having a go the players, yet praising the guy who deploys those tactics is insane

Having a go at players like Hilson, Thompson etc who have had little to no game time, expecting them to come in and make an instant impact is stupidity

I just wonder how many of our fans are actually fans or simply look for ways to get stuck into the team.

That's your second rant on here, you clearly don't like DC perhaps you would like Lumsden back and get us back to scrambling about the foot of the bottom division,

Edited by keptie

Tactics got us to the best part time team in the county, 5th in the championship while being the 2nd top goal scorers in the league, Along with praise from other teams commenting we are one of the best teams they have faced,

I'll take that all day long, like it's pointed out it wasn't that long ago we near finished bottom of league 2,

I

DC has taken us from nowhere to somewhere in quick time. Of course I sometimes wonder about a selection or a subby or a post match remark but overall he’s been brilliant for us. To get caught up in minor quibbles is madness IMO.

Totally agree about slagging our own players. This too does no good whatsoever.

DC has taken us from nowhere to somewhere in quick time. Of course I sometimes wonder about a selection or a subby or a post match remark but overall he’s been brilliant for us. To get caught up in minor quibbles is madness IMO.

Totally agree about slagging our own players. This too does no good whatsoever.
Campbell's turnaround in reputation is pretty remarkable. It wasn't too long ago a lot of people, and I'm probably included in this, dismissed him as a yesterday's man. Fair play to the guy as a lot of full time teams would happily snap him up if they had a chance of getting him.

Campbell's turnaround in reputation is pretty remarkable. It wasn't too long ago a lot of people, and I'm probably included in this, dismissed him as a yesterday's man. Fair play to the guy as a lot of full time teams would happily snap him up if they had a chance of getting him.

I’d wrote him off too. He was managing Forfar at Gayfield one night and went parading down the touchline, right past our dugout, to berate the linesman. Cut a pretty daft figure. Not so now.

27 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

His Forfar team were profoundly shite that night, which added to the mix.

Was that the night we were awarded a dodgy penalty and Dick ran the touch line to abuse the lino for giving it? Im pretty sure the decision was overturned as well

We were pretty hopeless here but Raith are a really good side and well deserved that win.

Do not understand bringing JT back in out of the blue against the best winger in the league just now.

Do not understand why Hilson is playing left wing when Nicky Low is not playing. Absolutely zero creativity Or magic from midfield. If Hilson is to play from the start it needs to be in McKennas position. If he plays left wing it should be as a substitution when we are trying to defend a lead. 

Raith will challenge for the title I think. 

We were pretty hopeless here but Raith are a really good side and well deserved that win.

Do not understand bringing JT back in out of the blue against the best winger in the league just now.

Do not understand why Hilson is playing left wing when Nicky Low is not playing. Absolutely zero creativity Or magic from midfield. If Hilson is to play from the start it needs to be in McKennas position. If he plays left wing it should be as a substitution when we are trying to defend a lead. 

Raith will challenge for the title I think. 
I think your bang on about Hilson. We need extra creativity when Low is missing. JT is a tougher one as the only way he's going to get fit is to play him so I get that logic a bit more. I probably would have kept Hamilton in though as he has been solid. What's the issue with Gold. Facebook page and the paper both said we had the full squad minus Low available.

On 20/10/2021 at 20:40, JoseMarooniho said:

I’d wrote him off too. He was managing Forfar at Gayfield one night and went parading down the touchline, right past our dugout, to berate the linesman. Cut a pretty daft figure. Not so now.

I never saw that, but imagine it was tame in comparison to his remonstration on the pitch at Ayr in the Scottish Cup a few years back. Although, to be fair, he had every right to lose the plot at the referee that day.