Rovers v Arbroath

We’ve lost 2 this season, both by a single goal. Fantastic for part timers and early favourites for the drop.
Rovers have an excellent central defence and clearly did their homework on Nouble. The big man wasn’t at his best, maybe nursing his shoulder injury. We could do with him fully fit for next week. The good news is that Dowds seems to be finding his confidence in front of goal.

The 2-1 scoreline probably flattered us, we didn’t really show up and raith had us covered all over the pitch. We miss low badly and nouble never got in the game. Disappointing end to a great first quarter, raith r a good team and will be in the mix at the end of the season.

That was some of the worst officiating I have seen in a very long time, the Railway stand lino and the Ref were absolutely horrific! 3 off the top of my head; the Dick/Nouble tussle just inside the 18yard box is probably a penalty and a sending off for Dick, the Dick handball - which lead to the corner & Arbroath goal, was definitely handball and a penalty. And then O’Brien standing on Matej at the corner, how is the lino not given anything for that is absolutely beyond belief.

Other than the terrible officiating, it was a pretty good game. And a massive win for us, 17pts at the end of Q1 is excellent.

And looking forward to the trip to Abroath (4th Dec) already.

I've got no idea what Tam O'Brien was thinking standing on Poplatnik like that. Slow motion replays sometimes make things look more calculated than they were in the moment, but it looks every bit the deliberate act. 

20211017_144039.gif.abe3edd2474ab3213da2c93b41e9f22f.gif

It's definitely a standing on rather than a stamp, but if an official sees that I'm almost certain they'd send him off. If only there had been one within three or four yards... 

That was some of the worst officiating I have seen in a very long time, the Railway stand lino and the Ref were absolutely horrific! 3 off the top of my head; the Dick/Nouble tussle just inside the 18yard box is probably a penalty and a sending off for Dick, the Dick handball - which lead to the corner & Arbroath goal, was definitely handball and a penalty. And then O’Brien standing on Matej at the corner, how is the lino not given anything for that is absolutely beyond belief.

Other than the terrible officiating, it was a pretty good game. And a massive win for us, 17pts at the end of Q1 is excellent.

And looking forward to the trip to Abroath (4th Dec) already.
You missed Nuoble literally clatter Bene to the ground late on with nothing given.

Surely Raith fans don't feel hard done by yesterday by officials,
100% ToB was lucky, but that linesman was awful for both teams, at one point the ball was miles out right in front of him and he didn't see it when Raith almost broke away,
Varian was just as lucky to be on the pitch, he had one of the worst dives I have ever seen just before he was booked for the been booked for catching ToB with shift arm,
Dick should of been sent off for last man foul on Nouble,
Penalty all day long for hand ball from Dick,

Game and atmosphere were both really flat after the first goal.

That said, was a professional performance. Berra and Benedictus strolled it, again, so it was really dissapointing to concede late on.  

Still, don't think we have hit our top gear yet and we are 2nd.  That first goal was superb in terms of build up play.

Arbroath will be fine, but once Nouble goes it will be a hell of a challenge to replace him.

Raith (in spells) were the best side we've faced in the quarter.

Right from the start, they were popping it around us with ease and despite the fortune of the deflection for the first goal, they'd tied us in knots in the build up.

I'm a bit of a pessimist at the best of times and I've been waiting for our bubble to burst a bit. Watching the first 5 minutes of the game was like watching Homer Simpson taking that first punch from Drederick Tatum.

However, we rallied quite well and it was actually quite a pisser to go in 2 down.

Raith's pressing in the 2nd half was top notch and they dealt with Nouble well, not letting him get the ball under control. 

Game and atmosphere were both really flat after the first goal.
That said, was a professional performance. Berra and Benedictus strolled it, again, so it was really dissapointing to concede late on.  
Still, don't think we have hit our top gear yet and we are 2nd.  That first goal was superb in terms of build up play.
Arbroath will be fine, but once Nouble goes it will be a hell of a challenge to replace him.
I think the irony is that we've hit top gear for 60 minutes of one game. It conveniently coincided with the biggest collapse of the arse of our team. It also involved that weird VL Arbroath fans favourite Rover Lewis Vaughan. Since then, we've been solid, with the occasional moment of spectacular. Yesterday's opening goal was a 13 pass move starting in front of the main stand at a throw in. We're definitely capable of it.

19 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Both teams have had an incredible first quarter of the season so well done all round, I would go as far to say Raith are the best side we have faced this season and will 100% be up there challenging for the title with us in amongst the playoffs IMO. Yesterday potentially was our worst performance this season but with Low & Gold missing and Nouble half fit then it was always going to be a tough task, 2 of the most exciting and best teams to watch didn’t live up to the hype for me and like others have said the atmosphere was unusually and strangely flat for such a big game, Raith deserved there win in the end so no complaints, We move onto Q2 now and 3 big games in a week with 2 at fortress Gayfield, Can see us dispatching Ayr & Dunfermline no bother but the trip in between away to Inverness could be tricky, All the best to Raith and there fan’s for the rest of the season and sorry again for some utter disgusting and appalling comments made from not real fan’s of ours. ⚽🇱🇻

No need to apologise. As other Lichties have pointed out, there's arseholes in every support and one person's shite patter doesn't say anything about your overall support. . While I'd be surprised if Arbroath make a tilt for the playoffs, they should be comfortably out of the danger zone at the end of the season. They've probably heard all of this before, but they've got a well established team which can often mean quite a lot when you've got squads still gelling and managers getting the sack left, right and centre. Rovers and Arbroath are probably the two most stable clubs in the league in terms of their management positions. 

Both teams have had an incredible first quarter of the season so well done all round, I would go as far to say Raith are the best side we have faced this season and will 100% be up there challenging for the title with us in amongst the playoffs IMO. Yesterday potentially was our worst performance this season but with Low & Gold missing and Nouble half fit then it was always going to be a tough task, 2 of the most exciting and best teams to watch didn’t live up to the hype for me and like others have said the atmosphere was unusually and strangely flat for such a big game, Raith deserved there win in the end so no complaints, We move onto Q2 now and 3 big games in a week with 2 at fortress Gayfield, Can see us dispatching Ayr & Dunfermline no bother but the trip in between away to Inverness could be tricky, All the best to Raith and there fan’s for the rest of the season and sorry again for some utter disgusting and appalling comments made from not real fan’s of ours. [emoji460]️[emoji1145]

If they can keep Nouble beyond january, arbroath can possibly push for the playoffs. Felt you pressed well yesterday and played some decent stuff at times. Fair to say officials had a nightmare yesterday. I fully expected the ref to blow for the ball hitting dicks arm.