Rovers v Arbroath

36 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

This is why I prefer the Main Stand these days and hope to return there when we get rid of this Red Zone thing. There are definitely less moon howlers in there. Some of the shouts I hear have my eyebrows lifting and/or eyes rolling. Apparently Tait was shite today. I think folk watch Match of the Day and expect Rovers games to be like the edited highlights they see on there where multi-millionaire footballers are doing the business.

It's infuriating. You've got these folk huffing away and moaning at the defence knocking it about, "get it up the park!" and then when the ball does go long and TOB heads it away or a 70 yard pass goes out of play, they're throwing their arms in the air and greeting about that too. 

The players aren't perfect. You can want them to play nice football but risk losing it close to goal, or you can want them to go direct and risk losing their headers or it going wayward. (Or, preferably, you could back whatever the manager chooses) Don't throw your toys out the pram when they do exactly what you've been screaming for and it doesn't work. At the very least, to paraphrase my mother, keep your mouth shut and naebdy'll ken you're stupit. 

Arbroath were off form today and giving away a slack goal in the last minute of the 1st half made it an up hill struggle.

Clearly missing Nicky Low as the key play maker in mid-field, but hopefully he will be back for the start of December.

Lots of possession by Arbroath, but not creative enough inside Raith's 18 yard box.

So, a bad day in the office with the team under performing - but they have been outstanding all season and will bounce back quickly ( only two league defeats is an impressive start).

Raith were decent, took their chances and played well - but I suspect an in form Arbroath will take points off them later in the season.

A good 3 points for Raith and a disappointing performance from the 'broath.

I thought Arbroath were really good between about 15 minutes and the second goal going in, we very rarely get squeezed into our own half like that. Having said that they barely created a chance so I think the team deserves a lot of credit for defending so well.

Bit of a forgettable game to be honest. Not much atmosphere, not too many chances, not too many talking points. But a very, very good three points. Berra MotM for me.

2nd place after Q1, as well as a run to the League Cup QF. Magnificent start to the season.

Great game today, Arbroath deserved a consolation goal tbf.

McLean was his usual look at me with his officiating, just a pity he couldn't control the visitors dugout.

Strung out like a tenement washing line, I swear Dick was standing outside the carwash up the street at one point.

17 minutes ago, Paco said:

I thought Arbroath were really good between about 15 minutes and the second goal going in, we very rarely get squeezed into our own half like that. Having said that they barely created a chance so I think the team deserves a lot of credit for defending so well.

Bit of a forgettable game to be honest. Not much atmosphere, not too many chances, not too many talking points. But a very, very good three points. Berra MotM for me.

2nd place after Q1, as well as a run to the League Cup QF. Magnificent start to the season.

Pretty much all of this. 

We started really well but that stoppage for a head knock to an Arbroath player seemed to hand the initiative to them and that 2nd at half time was a huge bonus as we were really just looking to hold on until half time by then. 

Second half I thought we handled the game really well and stifled Arbroath while looking threatening at times on the counter attack. 

Disappointing to lose the late goal to take some gloss off but it should've been a penalty in the build up to the corner. 

Big Nouble has a bad game and the pressures on

Can't/wont cut it in the SPL?

Useless
Done nothing

Ronaldo didnt score or do much today for Man Utd either ( im not comparing Nouble to Ronaldo ) 

Players have bad games, players have a couple of good games and people think there world beaters. The jury is very much out on Nouble IMO. He will go through quiet spells, but only a few weeks back he was the best player in 20 years, couple of weeks later it all changes.

Hilson kops it, even though he wont be match fit and has warmed a bench for the best part of 2 months.

We play the same formation and tactics week after week and other teams will switch onto it. Hitting the ball up to a big lad upfont and hoping he slips over the ball and bags a goal now and then is poor.

We blame guys who are not match fit when they get 1 game in ten weeks, and we expect them to slot right in and perform.

Fans are a fickle bunch and will never look to Uncle Dick as potentially being part of the problem.

Its not like we are not paying well, most players are from the central belt, we pay well for a part time team, we have access and budget to good players, theres no reason why with the current squad we shouldnt be a settled championship team. 

Its gash all round and stuff needs to be changed up or we will quite simply struggle later in the season, theres a good squad there, but we need to stop this hit and hope bullshit, and theres only one man who authorises this.

7 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Ronaldo didnt score or do much today for Man Utd either ( im not comparing Nouble to Ronaldo ) 

What was that, then, just a random non-sequitur?

I'm not Dick Campbell's biggest fan, not by a long chalk, but it's fucking wild to be throwing that level of criticism at him at this moment in time. 

22 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

What was that, then, just a random non-sequitur?

I'm not Dick Campbell's biggest fan, not by a long chalk, but it's fucking wild to be throwing that level of criticism at him at this moment in time. 

Why not though? Because he won a few games, cmon man look at the state of play, its the same crap year on year. Its getting beyond a joke

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Arbroath were off form today and giving away a slack goal in the last minute of the 1st half made it an up hill struggle.

Clearly missing Nicky Low as the key play maker in mid-field, but hopefully he will be back for the start of December.

Lots of possession by Arbroath, but not creative enough inside Raith's 18 yard box.

So, a bad day in the office with the team under performing - but they have been outstanding all season and will bounce back quickly ( only two league defeats is an impressive start).

Raith were decent, took their chances and played well - but I suspect an in form Arbroath will take points off them later in the season.

A good 3 points for Raith and a disappointing performance from the 'broath.

Presuming that Low is injured again. Sorry to hear that as the guy has real ability. Looked a real find when he signed for us but injury then meant we didn't see the real benefit. Fully aware he's been a stalwart for Arbroath.

59 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Big Nouble has a bad game and the pressures on

Can't/wont cut it in the SPL?

Useless
Done nothing

Players have bad games, players have a couple of good games and people think there world beaters. The jury is very much out on Nouble IMO. He will go through quiet spells, but only a few weeks back he was the best player in 20 years, couple of weeks later it all changes.

Hilson kops it, even though he wont be match fit and has warmed a bench for the best part of 2 months.

We play the same formation and tactics week after week and other teams will switch onto it. Hitting the ball up to a big lad upfont and hoping he slips over the ball and bags a goal now and then is poor.

We blame guys who are not match fit when they get 1 game in ten weeks, and we expect them to slot right in and perform.

Fans are a fickle bunch and will never look to Uncle Dick as potentially being part of the problem.

Its not like we are not paying well, most players are from the central belt, we pay well for a part time team, we have access and budget to good players, theres no reason why with the current squad we shouldnt be a settled championship team. 

Its gash all round and stuff needs to be changed up or we will quite simply struggle later in the season, theres a good squad there, but we need to stop this hit and hope bullshit, and theres only one man who authorises this.

I absolutely love your post mate

It's  totally random, all over the place and at 11 on a Saturday night makes total sense to me....

That is some marking from your man Thomas O’Brien for our second [emoji23]

Also clear as day stands on Poplatnik down in the corner. Not a lot of force, but it’s so blatant and literally 1 yard in front of the linesman. Did anything get given from that?

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That is some marking from your man Thomas O’Brien for our second emoji23.png

Also clear as day stands on Poplatnik down in the corner. Not a lot of force, but it’s so blatant and literally 1 yard in front of the linesman. Did anything get given from that?

f**k all.

30 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That is some marking from your man Thomas O’Brien for our second emoji23.png

I take it nothing was given 

After losing that early deflected goal Arbroath pretty much controlled the first half without looking particularly threatening albeit we hit the post and then losing a second on half time was a killer. The second half was just a bore fest, Rovers happy to sit on their lead and we huffed and puffed without looking likely to score although we did at the death but too little too late. Overall not a lot between the teams Rovers took their chances we didn't. Rovers managed Nouble well he had his quietest game for us but can't be great in every game. Not sure about Thompson i know he's been out but he definitely looked suspect was getting beat too easily. Rovers knock it about well no doubt about that.