Rovers v Arbroath

Potential definitely there.

Hamilton and Livi actual home support be less than Raith.
Livi manage to give 3/4 of their stadium to clubs and with them being in middle of Edinburgh and Glasgow the 2 Edinburgh clubs and 2 Glasgow clubs will nearly or sell that out near enough every time.

Hamilton have had a great youth set up and with being around Glasgow too it’s a good area to get younger full time players who are living in Glasgow and Edinburgh area. 
It’s all about getting that break and getting into the Premiership is it. Soon as you are there it is a game changer. 

Aye whatever…..won’t work if your mob keep pumping us though….sheesh….

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nobody thinks we are ever going to get to the prem, but I think the building blocks are in place to become a bottom half of Championship / top half of League 1 team on a consistent basis and I am happy with that. 

Yeah 100%, I wasn’t meaning to sound condescending in anyway. I mean it’s certainly not impossible to suggest Arbroath could win promotion to the top league, but most full time teams (again nothing to do with Arbroath being able to compete with these teams on a weekly basis) just have that bit more of an infrastructure in place to get there. Quite right as well regarding Hamilton and Livi also. Livi were down in League 2 not even that long ago. 

certainly if Arbroath were to make the step up to full time then you just never know. I’m guessing that won’t be part of like a 5 year plan though or anything like that. 

Like going up to Arbroath though, nice ground that you can still change your standing position at half time and a pleasant bar across the road for pre-match. 

43 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah 100%, I wasn’t meaning to sound condescending in anyway. I mean it’s certainly not impossible to suggest Arbroath could win promotion to the top league, but most full time teams (again nothing to do with Arbroath being able to compete with these teams on a weekly basis) just have that bit more of an infrastructure in place to get there. Quite right as well regarding Hamilton and Livi also. Livi were down in League 2 not even that long ago. 

certainly if Arbroath were to make the step up to full time then you just never know. I’m guessing that won’t be part of like a 5 year plan though or anything like that. 

Like going up to Arbroath though, nice ground that you can still change your standing position at half time and a pleasant bar across the road for pre-match. 

Full segregation this season so no switching ends unfortunately 

Enough of this glass ceiling stuff. This time next year this will be a Premiership fixture.
We're going up as Champions and Arbroath will win the play offs [emoji106]

Christ someone has had a massive change of opinion in the last few weeks. A while back this could have been a fixture in league one according to you

17 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Considering the size of Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes,  the club has vastly under performed.

Glenrothes is a much harder sell. It’s not the towns club and there’s traditionally a far greater number of folk who’ve been displaced there from elsewhere, usually bringing their Old Firm allegiance. That’s not to say we couldn’t do more there, but not easy. 

On 13/10/2021 at 21:40, lichtie23 said:

Full segregation this season so no switching ends unfortunately 

Aye, but at least you can stand at the side when your team is kicking towards the far away goal.

Just out of curiosity, and not that it's a problem, but was there any specific reason for putting the away fans to the harbour end and the home fans to the amusements end?

Aye, but at least you can stand at the side when your team is kicking towards the far away goal.
Just out of curiosity, and not that it's a problem, but was there any specific reason for putting the away fans to the harbour end and the home fans to the amusements end?

So we had a bigger section of the stand available to home fans.

Looking on a Google map the ground sits east to west. I assume mostly the wind comes from the sea in an easterly direction. Away fans get it in the face and home fans behind the home goals get protection. Probably talking out my ass though [emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The Pleasureland end was always the traditional home end up until maybe 20 years ago. It’s been Changed back this season, partially to enable Arbroath to have more stand seats but also I think it’s something to do with most fans preferring that end. I certainly do.