Rovers v Arbroath

6 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Dick got Manager of the Month. That’s usually the kiss of death for the Lichties !

Everyone says that 😂

But aye probs our hardest game. On the lovely Astro I hope we try and play a bit. So Dyl Pats or Linn over Hilson out wide please. Maybe even Goldy over Chris Hamilton right back too but maybe that would be harsh. Goldy definitely better on the ball and going forward even though Hamilton has been solid and steady. 

Gaston

Gold

Little 

ToB

Hammy 

Stewart 

Henderson

Craigen

Linn

McKenna 

Nouble

Unfortunately I’ve probably got about as much chance as Bobby of starting this game the now

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Arbroath have been playing the exact same team, in the same shirt, in the same style for the last five years and nobody will convince me otherwise.

They do mix it up with a different loan striker every few months, I’ll give them that. But everything else is the same.

It’s remarkable. Never confident of a result either. We seem to be winning the unexpected games this season and not winning games we probably should. Can we expect to beat Arbroath in their current form? Probably not.

Draw.

13 minutes ago, Paco said:

Arbroath have been playing the exact same team, in the same shirt, in the same style for the last five years and nobody will convince me otherwise.

They do mix it up with a different loan striker every few months, I’ll give them that. But everything else is the same.

It’s remarkable. Never confident of a result either. We seem to be winning the unexpected games this season and not winning games we probably should. Can we expect to beat Arbroath in their current form? Probably not.

Draw.

Same back 4 and goalie but we have changed a whole lot.

We are playing more like we did when we won league 1 just now. Direct football and winning second balls high up the park.

First season in Championship we were very stuffy. 4-5-1. Miko a defensive mid our star man and relying on Bobby going forward.

Last season we changed it a fair bit to start. Remember we were going with McKenna on the wing a lot and had a 4-4-2 with Doolan/LD playing up with Hilson. We were too easy to beat and never had enough energy creativity or pace going forward. Bobby found himself on the bench a lot..... Second half of that season we got more legs and energy in the team, Bobby come back in, Jack Hamilton and Hilson uptop worked their arses off and Williamson gave us more drive from midfield. 

This year we’ve went with physicality in midfield and Nicky Lows guile. Ball forward very quickly, McKenna/Stewart and Craigen getting second balls off Nouble to get us high up the park with Low pulling the strings and Henderson doing the dirty work.

So in response to you saying we are the exact same team I’d argue we’ve had 4 different styles in the last 4 seasons. The one consistent factor is the pretty solid back 4 and keeper and us being a hard working, high energy, fit and pretty physical team. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

46 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

For Colin Hamilton?Yeah, scoring a goal that wrapped up the league probably would be a career highlight emoji23.png

Could have sworn Arbroath won the league that season against Brechin a whole 2 months later.

39 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Could have sworn Arbroath won the league that season against Brechin a whole 2 months later.

No, we won the league over the course of 36 separate matches, some of which were more damaging to our closest challengers than others.

HTH

Arbroath fans should really enjoy all this while it lasts…this level is their glass ceiling. But a tremendous achievement to be consistent in this division over the last few seasons none the less. 

Dick’s done a great job. 

19 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Arbroath fans should really enjoy all this while it lasts…this level is their glass ceiling. But a tremendous achievement to be consistent in this division over the last few seasons none the less. 

Dick’s done a great job. 

Nobody thinks we are ever going to get to the prem, but I think the building blocks are in place to become a bottom half of Championship / top half of League 1 team on a consistent basis and I am happy with that. 

26 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Dick’s done a great job. 

To be fair, it's likely our glass ceiling too.

15 minutes ago, renton said:

To be fair, it's likely our glass ceiling too.

If Hamilton and Livi can go up don’t see why Raith can’t. Actually don’t even think they 2 clubs are much bigger than Arbroath. Would say Raith are possibly a bigger club than both. Their location and set up gives them a wee edge I think. 

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Considering the size of Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes,  the club has vastly under performed.

Potential definitely there.

Hamilton and Livi actual home support be less than Raith.

Livi manage to give 3/4 of their stadium to clubs and with them being in middle of Edinburgh and Glasgow the 2 Edinburgh clubs and 2 Glasgow clubs will nearly or sell that out near enough every time.

Hamilton have had a great youth set up and with being around Glasgow too it’s a good area to get younger full time players who are living in Glasgow and Edinburgh area. 

It’s all about getting that break and getting into the Premiership is it. Soon as you are there it is a game changer.