Rovers v Arbroath

This will be a proper test of where we're at. Arbroath have been absolutely outstanding and Nouble seems to have brought McKenna to a new level. These games have always tended to be tight affairs and this should be no different. A win would be a tremendous end to a good quarter.

I'd Nicky Low likely to be back?

A win here would cap off a hugely successful quarter. McGlynn and Campbell are easily the two best managers in the Championship so will probably be a tight affair and a bit of a tactical battle. I’m going 2-1 to Rovers. 
I wouldn't forget about Tommy Wright with that.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This will be a proper test of where we're at. Arbroath have been absolutely outstanding and Nouble seems to have brought McKenna to a new level. These games have always tended to be tight affairs and this should be no different. A win would be a tremendous end to a good quarter.

I'd Nicky Low likely to be back?

Low probably out until start of November unfortunately 

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nouble vs Poplatnik? Nouble with the quick start, and Poplatnik catching up now….which will Livi drag back come January, or will it be neither or both?

Nouble is a better player than Poplatnik, I don't see much chance we recall him at all. Nouble is 100% coming back though and Martindale has publicly said so

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Nouble is a better player than Poplatnik, I don't see much chance we recall him at all. Nouble is 100% coming back though and Martindale has publicly said so

Yep, I 100% agree…but you have to talk a little shite in a game thread…

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Nouble is a better player than Poplatnik, I don't see much chance we recall him at all. 

That'll do for us. 3 goals in 2 games for Pop so hopefully this spurs him on to keep adding to his tally. 

As for this game, can see it being similar to the Partick game i.e. both teams just going for it. Would happily take the same score line as well. 

For me Rovers are the best team in the league.... in spells. Can never seem to keep it up for the 90. Watch all the highlights of all the games and Rovers always impress. We have been flying however Nicky Low is a massive miss, he’s our guy, controls us as a team. However we should have Nouble back after he missed Morton who has just been on another level, it’s been like having a cheat code it really is. Would never count us out any game while we have him up there he’s capable of something from nothing. 

Great away day. Hopefully a good away support through after a week off the club football. Can’t wait for it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

For me Rovers are the best team in the league.... in spells. Can never seem to keep it up for the 90. Watch all the highlights of all the games and Rovers always impress.

I would agree with that.  On our day we are right up there, but lack of squad depth will hurt us.  Shame,  as I don't think we are a million miles away from being genuine title challengers.

Don’t know about Rovers fans or how they feel about this but for me, especially without having any derbies for a long time, this game is always a wee bitty more special than other fixtures in the league after the last 5/6 years. Quite local, good away day for us good away day at Gayfield for yous. Campbell and McGlynn have had a wee bit of a ding dong the last few years as have the teams. Some good games. The Hammy game my favourite away day ever. 

It’s a great fixture for me. Soon as fixture list come out was looking to see when KDY away was.

The games in season 18 19 had a bit of extra needle, but that may be as we were both aiming for the title (lol).  Seen the same with Ayr and Falkirk in recent years, and the games tend to go back to normal in time.

A good game between two good teams and a good crowd will always help, however. 

Don’t know about Rovers fans or how they feel about this but for me, especially without having any derbies for a long time, this game is always a wee bitty more special than other fixtures in the league after the last 5/6 years. Quite local, good away day for us good away day at Gayfield for yous. Campbell and McGlynn have had a wee bit of a ding dong the last few years as have the teams. Some good games. The Hammy game my favourite away day ever. 

It’s a great fixture for me. Soon as fixture list come out was looking to see when KDY away was.
I can see where you're coming from tbf. It's similar to our games with Ayr: we've been about the same level for a few years and there's been a few bits of back and forth.

Arbroath have done outstandingly well over the last few seasons to say the least: I don't you'll find a support who treat your club with more respect and know how well you can play.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You obviously still have Dunfermline but with us missing Montrose this is the Away day I look forward to the most. Class. Even like the Astro Park, seems like the only decent one in the country 

That's probably because the club ordered a rugby pitch by mistake, apparently.