Hamilton Accies vs Thistle Friday night football - 15th October 2021

Just now, 9queens said:

We scored 7 v. Airdrie and/or Livi in the promotion run...

I have no memories of that season having gone to no games. I saved myself for all those post promotion trips to Pittodrie  where we garnered one point in however many games. Great times. Cheers for the info.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Wolves paid £1 million for him

😂

I came on here to specifically say that Matheson is probably the worst player I've seen this season in Scotland.

Assumed he was some diddy that came through the ranks. 

52 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I came on here to specifically say that Matheson is probably the worst player I've seen this season in Scotland.

Assumed he was some diddy that came through the ranks. 

I mind reading about him a few years ago becaue he had made his Rochdale debut at 15 and scored against Man Utd at 16. Think Wolves beat a lot of clubs for his signature as well.

I get he's still young, but he looked short of anything close to talented tonight. Wee guy might have legit peaked at 16.

What a strange old game. I remember us putting 6 past Ayr in a pre-season/league cup game many moons ago (we were a premier team and they were a lower first/seaside time IIRC) but I can't remember us ever putting 6 past any team, let alone a team in the same league as us since we pumped the Dees 6-2 back in about 1992. 

In addition to the ones already mentioned, we put 7 past Berwick at Shielfield in 1995 and, of course, 11 past Albion Rovers in 1993.

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:
10 hours ago, velo army said:
What a strange old game. I remember us putting 6 past Ayr in a pre-season/league cup game many moons ago (we were a premier team and they were a lower first/seaside time IIRC) but I can't remember us ever putting 6 past any team, let alone a team in the same league as us since we pumped the Dees 6-2 back in about 1992. 

In addition to the ones already mentioned, we put 7 past Berwick at Shielfield in 1995 and, of course, 11 past Albion Rovers in 1993.

Fuckin hell, I forgot about the Rovers result. Cheers.

I mind reading about him a few years ago becaue he had made his Rochdale debut at 15 and scored against Man Utd at 16. Think Wolves beat a lot of clubs for his signature as well.
I get he's still young, but he looked short of anything close to talented tonight. Wee guy might have legit peaked at 16.
I think he's got decent technical ability (didn't show it last night) but isn't effective whatsoever. He reminds me a lot of Hodson in the first half of last season and Hodson came good so maybe Matheson will too. He needs a hell of a lot of work though. I reckon Stirling or Hamilton will play instead next week.

I've never been as sad as seeing Shaun Want being unable to carry the ball into acres of space with Jamie Hamilton on the bench.

5 hours ago, H Wragg said:
14 hours ago, velo army said:

I think we also beat East Fife 6 something 20 odd years ago.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I think he's got decent technical ability (didn't show it last night) but isn't effective whatsoever. He reminds me a lot of Hodson in the first half of last season and Hodson came good so maybe Matheson will too. He needs a hell of a lot of work though. I reckon Stirling or Hamilton will play instead next week.

I've never been as sad as seeing Shaun Want being unable to carry the ball into acres of space with Jamie Hamilton on the bench.

What's happened with Jamie Hamilton? Seemed to be destined for big things and a move down south, but now struggling for game time a division down and with such a leaky defence?

Also, is Brian Easton just done? He's a family friend so would be sad to see his career go out with a whimper.

What's happened with Jamie Hamilton? Seemed to be destined for big things and a move down south, but now struggling for game time a division down and with such a leaky defence?
Also, is Brian Easton just done? He's a family friend so would be sad to see his career go out with a whimper.
He started the season brilliantly but had stinkers against anyone decent which is weird as he was excellent in the second half of last season in the Premiership. After his red card against Arbroath, Want and Popescu had a couple of really good performances so he couldn't get back in (but might now). He's out of contract at the end of the season and by all accounts isn't gonna sign an extension so we've fucked up another promising player's transfer fee. If he has a second half of the season like the last one then he'll get a great move but someone like Aberdeen or Hibs might make a move regardless.

Easton's done, yeah, but will stick around the club after retirement.

I'm another that's come on to check who Matheson is. Very surprised to see it's the same £1m 'wonderkid' that got Rochdale's goal against Manchester United and was going to be the next world beater. He looked like an out of his depth kid from Hamilton's youth set up making his debut. His career's already got Mark Connolly written all over it. If he's lucky.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Just thought I'd mention that Rice wasn't sacked, he resigned.

Seen someone on WAH mentioning Rice probably had the right idea, receiving no backing, knew we were in an uphill battle and knew that because everyone thinks Chipper is a good guy he’d be able to walk in to Doddsy’s vacant open all mics spot.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge