Week 5

lichtie23

55 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

God save the Queen really is a pathetic national anthem 

Not helped by the fact that, thanks to the likes of Jenkins and Laura Wright, the final ‘Queen’ has been turned into a high-pitched fork-on-a-blackboard ‘Queeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn!’

The American anthem is a great anthem, only ruined by those of a ‘Broadway showstopper’ train of thought, who twist and contort it into some sort of ‘look at me’ rendition. Every phrase strung out and wrung out within an inch of its life. There’s footage online of Heart’s Ann Wilson doing the anthem at a Cowboys home game. THAT’S how you do it.

The wummin’ strangling their anthem today could have redeemed herself in my book by launching herself off the stadium roof in a Jaxon DeVille manner. I’m looking forward to seeing Jaxon leap off there next Sunday. Either that, or Urban Meyer being thrown off by Khan, without a safety cord attached.

I also demand fireworks and a jet fighter fly-past. Oh, and if Jacksonville could turn up and not shit the bed, that would be good too.

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I presume its part of the blackout arrangement. If it was later in the season I'd consider spunking my game pass trial on it and watch the 40 minute highlights via the app on ps4 as that seems about the optimum amount of time I could spend before work. 

I can't see why it would be affected by blackout arrangements, and it was fine last season.

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Who is this wee shite doing the halftime show? Perfect time to go take the dog out I think 

If that wee kunt is there at next weekend’s half-time, I’m going for a pish, even if I don’t need one. A very talented bloke though, he can walk and gibber shite at the same time. Mind you, he really stands out from the other acts I’ve seen who can walk while gibbering shite into a microphone….. no hold on, it’s just another no-mark gibbering the same old shite.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If that wee kunt is there at next weekend’s half-time, I’m going for a pish, even if I don’t need one. A very talented bloke though, he can walk and gibber shite at the same time. Mind you, he really stands out from the other acts I’ve seen who can walk while gibbering shite into a microphone….. no hold on, it’s just another no-mark gibbering the same old shite.

Reading on twitter that “f**k” and “pussy” were both said on live telly by the no mark. Someone will be getting sacked in the morning