Jump to content

The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Trying to order the PPV for tomorrow and the Ayr site suggests that I am in England (I amn’t) and can’t give me access. Anyone else had this issue

Quite a few people have the same issue seemingly some  internet providers registered all user as being based in Manchester , possibly someone will post how you get around it , I know of a number of Ayr fans based in Scotland have the same issue 

 

edited to add 

if you email

[email protected] They may be able to help you 

Edited by Finlay21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Trying to order the PPV for tomorrow and the Ayr site suggests that I am in England (I amn’t) and can’t give me access. Anyone else had this issue

Its an absolute pain. Our office network (in Heathhall) identifies as London I think, certainly England somewhere) when geo-checked so I cant order matches from my desk anymore at work. Its not really anybody's fault though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the Bookies have Queens as quite strong favourites for tomorrow, do we still have a few out ??

We're 6/4 and you're 31/20 with Bet365. You'll get an extra 5p back if you bet £1 on Ayr. I think it's marginal favourites at best.

I went to check as I assumed after reading that that we were odds on which would have been hilariously poor from the bookies.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:


We're 6/4 and you're 31/20 with Bet365. You'll get an extra 5p back if you bet £1 on Ayr. I think it's marginal favourites at best.

I went to check as I assumed after reading that that we were odds on which would have been hilariously poor from the bookies.

Most have ourselves at 7/4 (with Queens 6/4) which for the home team is quite a big price.

I've not seen any match preview so don't know if we're maybe missing a few ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mckenna said:

Trying to order the PPV for tomorrow and the Ayr site suggests that I am in England (I amn’t) and can’t give me access. Anyone else had this issue

 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its an absolute pain. Our office network (in Heathhall) identifies as London I think, certainly England somewhere) when geo-checked so I cant order matches from my desk anymore at work. Its not really anybody's fault though.

I would suggest a VPN but not convinced that will work either. I've just tried one and the streaming page still says I'm in England and someone else I know had the same.

Even more bizarrely, I have two PCs on the same network, which both show the same public IP on the internet - one the streaming site says is ok, the other it thinks is in England! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most have ourselves at 7/4 (with Queens 6/4) which for the home team is quite a big price.
I've not seen any match preview so don't know if we're maybe missing a few ??

It's still a miniscule difference though. Given their lack of research at our level it wouldn't surprise me if they have us as slight favourites purely down to how we both faired against Thistle in our last game.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Most have ourselves at 7/4 (with Queens 6/4) which for the home team is quite a big price.

I've not seen any match preview so don't know if we're maybe missing a few ??

According to Ayrshire Post, McGinty, Houston, Hewitt and O’Connor are all out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nord VPN works for me although you do have to pay for a subscription. There's also a free VPN you can add to Firefox which I posted in the Arbroath match thread which I just found via Google before my gf told me she has Nord VPN. 

I'm based in London and with both of these am able to stream games without an issue (though of course I never avail myself of this facility - in case anyone at the club is reading this). 

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Nord VPN works for me although you do have to pay for a subscription. There's also a free VPN you can add to Firefox which I posted in the Arbroath match thread which I just found via Google before my gf told me she has Nord VPN. 

I'm based in London and with both of these am able to stream games without an issue (though of course I never avail myself of this facility - in case anyone at the club is reading this). 

I dont have Nord but the Firefox browser extension didnt work on Ayrs site

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How has O'Connor been? He looked handy enough in the brief spell he had from the bench in your televised game a few weeks back.

He has been out injured for 2 weeks  and more than likely out for next couple of weeks with a dislocated shoulder injury 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How has O'Connor been? He looked handy enough in the brief spell he had from the bench in your televised game a few weeks back.

Hopkin didn’t like him because his first instinct wasn’t just to kick the ball really hard but Duffy brought him back into the team and he looked really good before getting injured against Morton.

With him out we’ve got very little up front besides Adeloye and Steven Bradley from Hibs. Moffat hasn’t really clicked into gear yet although there’s time for him yet. With Daire I think we’ll either be looking at a draw or a defeat. QOS have definitely got a good few players going forward and should manage to score at least one against our shite defence.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it worth purchasing the stream for this then or am I goosed if they think I live in England?
Haven't seen anyone who's managed to get round the "living in England" message yet,without contacting support.

The good thing about the Ayr site, though, is that it tells you before you login. If you get a false England message then you can email them to sort it out.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...