The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Just to confirm the Ayr United supports hall of shame so far this season:

Racist chanting directed towards their own players.

Racist chanting directed towards opposition players.

Wishing death on opposing players.

Where to start on both this and yours. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really doesn’t surprise me at all about Wullie. What’s a bit of a minter is the actual club Twitter account for QOS getting involved without knowing any facts.

Some decent Ayr fans on Twitter with the facts as I thought every word true from Wullie .

On to the football very disappointing defeat again 

2 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Some decent Ayr fans on Twitter with the facts as I thought every word true from Wullie .

On to the football very disappointing defeat again 

I've amended what I said on that basis it's not ok

1 minute ago, Greenacres said:

Disappointed you seem to think that simulating a sex act and making a joke about domestic abuse is in anyway acceptable. Shame on you.

I've amended what I said on that basis it's not ok

But in your haste to let us know how the whole sorry saga unfolded you surely hadn’t told us something that was later found to be inaccurate. Maybe I’ve missed something here but that’s how it feels at the moment.
Edit to add FWIW Gibson is an idiot for getting involved in it again. He needs to grow up.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

But in your haste to let us know how the whole sorry saga unfolded you surely hadn’t told us something that was later found to be inaccurate. Maybe I’ve missed something here but that’s how it feels at the moment.

In your haste to post something smart arse, you have inadvertently posted something that is purely words that have no bearing on anything resembling sense 

Just to confirm the Ayr United supports hall of shame so far this season:
Racist chanting directed towards their own players.
Racist chanting directed towards opposition players.
Wishing death on opposing players.
Is it not exhausting being such a tragic sad act?

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

FWIW Gibson is an idiot for getting involved in it again. He needs to grow up.

I understand what your are saying here, I'll lay out my position.  

Wullie reacted to nothing until full time on the terrace when he engaged with a bit of patter with me, I thought he was trying to say this was my part in it. 

It turns out this happened behind the SRE and it is absolutely unacceptable.  

I get your point about me being quick to point out one way, I've been as quick as I can the opposite I'd say. 

I know one of the guys who does the stewarding and said Gibson was mouthing off to stewards before and after the game. Not condoning the alleged "abuse" from our fans, but Wullie was no angel today 

Totally agree with that. Gibson needs to sort that sort of stuff out. It’s pathetic. Some of the abuse he allegedly gets does seem to be pretty vile though.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The Ayr fans who chanted that he should die in his sleep are scum.

Wullie Gibson is scum simulating sex acts and making jokes about domestic abuse. 

Most fair-minded people would take that view in my opinion.

Wullie Gibson is typically one of these players who is happy to give it out but can’t take it when fans give it back to him.

Dont get me wrong if fans were chanting that he should die in his sleep then they should be called out on it. 

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The Ayr fans who chanted that he should die in his sleep are scum.

Wullie Gibson is scum simulating sex acts and making jokes about domestic abuse. 

Most fair-minded people would take that view in my opinion.

The problem here is he didn't even do that to the scumbags who gave it out.  He shouldn't have received that and I wondered why he was so angry about what should have been a wee bit of nonsense a bit but presumed it was just his general freakshow behaviour. 

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Apparently (s)he's right.  Not sure of Wullie's pronouns

To be honest I never doubted it was true. I’ve heard it being sung towards Alan Trouten and Stephen Dobbie before. Feels like there’s a few of the ex-Ragazzi lot who’ve never grown up and some of the stuff they come out with is vile.

Needless to say I’m not sure what good was meant to come from joking about domestic abuse to someone who wasn’t even involved.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The problem here is he didn't even do that to the scumbags who gave it out.  He shouldn't have received that and I wondered why he was so angry about what should have been a wee bit of nonsense a bit but presumed it was just his general freakshow behaviour. 

No doubt.

You were right to call him out as he was playing the victim card in spite of his own disgusting behavior. To your credit you posted an ammendment of the "It didn't happen bit" I doubt Wullie will be fessing up to his disgusting actions any time soon. 

As for our fans who sing this stuff they need called out at the game. We need to self police this crap and report them to stewards and the club when it crosses the line, as it did today. Its the only way to stamp it out.

On a happier note, it was really nice to see Adeloye engage with all our young supporters and spend a good 15 minutes chatting with them and giving the selfies etc.

He really does seem like a genuine and top bloke as well as being a good footballer.

I’m sure that Gibson has had all manner of things sung at him over the years, rightly or wrongly by fans. 

He comes across as an angry wee man who can’t ignore it, like Jamie Hammell which means he gets it twice as much. 

to engage with fans in the manner he did, with his age and experience and then try to take the moral high ground is embarrassing for him.

football fans try and get in players heads, Griffiths and St Johnston is a prime example, call him a beast for an hour and he volleys a lit flare in to the crowd. 
Unfortunately it is part of football and if you react it’ll get worse because supporters know it works. I don’t believe Gibson thinks Ayr fans hope that he dies in his sleep, he knows it was to get at him, he lost and made a total fanny of himself and gret on social media