The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens

Just now, Greenacres said:

Only way really Willie can get the truth out really amazes me what some fans think they can get away with .

End of the day it is only a game of football have banter like Querns fans do with Muirhead but that is going to far to actual want someone to die in there sleep that is as bad as it gets 

Hello Wullie. Hope you have a shite night 

2 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Only way really Willie can get the truth out really amazes me what some fans think they can get away with .

End of the day it is only a game of football have banter like Querns fans do with Muirhead but that is going to far to actual want someone to die in there sleep that is as bad as it gets 

There’s no defending any fan saying that but there’s a first hand account on here of him pretending to masturbate at oppositions fans before making a joke about someone being on the receiving end of domestic abuse.

He then goes onto Twitter and attempts to take the moral high ground.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Strange game, looked decent value for three points up to an hour and then fell out of it.  Gibson and Connelly were key in that first hour, but disappeared.  Was Connelly injured?  Fitzpatrick did zip, as did Johnston.  Bradley made a difference for Ayr.  Daft penalty to give away.  Probably worth a draw but you've got to put the ball in the net as they say.

We could and probably should have been a couple down at half time. While neither team were great, Queens were undoubtedly the much better side, they were first to every ball and we seemed unwilling / incapable of putting in a challenge and also failed to pick up any second balls. We had no cohesion and seemed to lack both a gameplan and a spark, as such McAdams had to pull of a string of very good saves and was easily our star performer.

The second half I'd say Ayr did improve but ironically went behind when we were actually starting to look more comfortable, however I totally agree that the substitutions of both sides changed the game. We brought on Bradley (who was excellent) and Chalmers, this then allowed us to change our shape with Chalmers going into central mid with Murdoch and Muirhead which allowed Maxwell to go wide left and Bradley wide right, we immediately looked a much better side and started to get much closer to Adeloye and actually play the ball to his feet and from this point on Ayr looked the better side as we actually started to create chances. Queens on the other hand lost their spark and big Cameron suddenly became isolated.

The penalty was a stonewaller but was a stupid challenge that he didn't need to make and our second was just a great strike from Maxwell.

All in all it's a really important and great three points for us, Queens will feel that they deserved a draw at worst and on the balance of play I certainly couldn't disagree but ultimately we got the job done and I'll happily take it, but just hope that O'Connor will be back sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Big difference when Bradley came on. Afolabi waits for things to happen, Bradley's involving himself to try and make them happen.

Aye would agree with that. I actually didn't think Afolabi was that bad by his low standard he's set previously. Bradley is quite skillful though and direct when he has to be. I think he's proved he should be starting just behind Adeloye.

As for the game I thought a draw might’ve been fair but we played really well in the last 25 minutes or so and our rallying effort did deserve the 3 points.

Queens missed one really good chance from Soares but the other “chances” they had were more spectacular efforts that only come off every so often. We also missed an absolute sitter through Murdoch and Fjortoft head a header cannon off the bar. Add to that, I don’t think Maxwell was offside at our disallowed goal and I’d say we maybe marginally edged it.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Just to confirm the Ayr United supports hall of shame so far this season:

Racist chanting directed towards their own players.

Racist chanting directed towards opposition players.

Wishing death on opposing players.

Just to confirm

you are a c**t

f**k off 

It’s okay mate. We understand you might be upset. Beating Dunfermline isn’t for everyone.

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Got all the facts before spouting your shite moron