The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not angry, I'm just a bit gutted I won't be able to watch. If anyone should be angry it shouldn't be opposition fans it should be home fans as their club are going to miss out on some revenue.

If other clubs had the same issue I'd be more inclined to slate the rules set in place down the road. But as it seems to be an Ayr United issue it's obvious folk will direct their displeasure at them rather than the rules put in place.

The stream is woeful, you are genuinely far better just listening to open all mics/the scores coming in elsewhere. 

43 minutes ago, mwwqos321 said:

Manged to watch the ICT away game which was after this ruling was brought in.

Lucky you , because hundreds of fans from other clubs have not managed to see any games , Raith Rovers  were the first club to notify fans from what I can see online that they could not show games to fans with IP addresses in England , surely the root cause is  he internet provider and people should be contacting them to get it rectified , instead of blaming nearly every club 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Lucky you , because hundreds of fans from other clubs have not managed to see any games , Raith Rivers were the first club to notify fans from what I can see online that they could not show games to fans with IP addresses in England , surely the root cause is  he internet provider and people should be contacting them to get it rectified 

Managed to watch the Raith game as well so this issue for me is with Ayr FC.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not angry, I'm just a bit gutted I won't be able to watch. If anyone should be angry it shouldn't be opposition fans it should be home fans as their club are going to miss out on some revenue.

If other clubs had the same issue I'd be more inclined to slate the rules set in place down the road. But as it seems to be an Ayr United issue it's obvious folk will direct their displeasure at them rather than the rules put in place.

What internet provider are you with? I’m with BT and having issues. 

59 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

People being angry at the clubs when they really should be raging at the English FA

Yip, I'm being banned by the Ayr PPV website too.  If it is due to an English FA ruling then the SFA/SPFL should be trying to do something about it.  Are the English FA and Sky/BT Sport really that worried that the few hundred followers of Jock diddy clubs represent a serious threat to their potential Saturday revenue streams ...... why does common sense no longer prevail in the modern world?

I'm with BT and I can login for the match. I'm central Scotland though. 

I'm not feeling great today so can't make it in person. Pretty pleased we have the facility for me to still tune in with my season ticket. I hope this continues as it comes in handy for me.

Edit to add - I did the IP Address Lookup check and it shows me as being England as well. Is it a different verification for season tickets by any chance? 

Edited by Trogdor

I’m not entirely sure why people are expecting Ayr to be able to bypass this, given they would have no idea whether someone is actually based in England or not. 
It's not too difficult to ask, or even check the billing information if you let them pay.
Lucky you , because hundreds of fans from other clubs have not managed to see any games , Raith Rovers  were the first club to notify fans from what I can see online that they could not show games to fans with IP addresses in England , surely the root cause is  he internet provider and people should be contacting them to get it rectified , instead of blaming nearly every club 
Ignoring the futility of suggesting individuals try and get ISPs to change a fundamental part of the technical infrastructure, why should it be up to the paying customer to sort it out?

It looks like whatever checks Ayr area doing aren't working well and they've chosen to take a pretty black and white approach to implementing the blackout. That's down to the club, not the SFA or the ISP.

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm with BT and I can login for the match. I'm central Scotland though. 

I'm with BT and I'm in central Scotland too ...... but I'm barred by the website.

6 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Using my desktop PC via Edge browser.  I'll give Chrome a try.

I've made it through using Chrome instead of Edge!  The payment screen asked for my address - is that why I got through?  Don't know.

My IP is identified as being in the Scottish version of Dumfries luckily.  Didn't try Edge as I hate it, Chrome struggled (but then google maps locates me as being in Sanquhar), but Avast secure browser working no problem.

ETA I'm with BT.

Edited by Slipmat