The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens

Never had an issue with any other clubs PPV but the Ayr one is not letting me in as it is defining Dumfries to be in England. I have email the club but no reply so looks like they will lose out on a fair bit of revenue unless they can quickly resolve the issue.

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve just tried the stream on my phone and getting the England message. I’ll try on my laptop once home but how do I get round about this @Finlay21

Only thing I know of is contacting support@ayrunitedfc.co.uk , from what I am led to believe it’s your internet provider that’s the issue 

14 minutes ago, mwwqos321 said:

Never had an issue with any other clubs PPV but the Ayr one is not letting me in as it is defining Dumfries to be in England. I have email the club but no reply so looks like they will lose out on a fair bit of revenue unless they can quickly resolve the issue.

When was last time you bought another clubs stream ? A rule was put in around 3 weeks ago by the English FA which stops the streaming of any games from Scotland ( not sure if other countries are included)  , this is down to your internet provider as posted earlier some providers have your IP address registered in England no matter where you live , it’s not an Ayr United issue it’s where your IP is registered , it’s even effecting Skyline drifter who said his office is based in Heathhall and can’t get stream as the address there is registered somewhere in England he might know how to get around it 

Edited by Finlay21

to prevent the Ayr Utd support address being inundated with similar requests, they replied promptly to me with the following information……

“Apologies that you have fallen foul of the IP location checks we have had to implement at the request of the SFA and FA.

We use an online IP database to determine where you are based on the IP address your computer is currently using, but these databases are not 100% accurate and are collated by the information that your ISP provides. If you point your browser to https://iplocation.io/ this will generate a list of 4 lookup services and the location that these services have for your IP Address, as well as giving a bit of background on what an IP Address is and why it is important. Do not be surprised if 2 or more of these services declare your location to be England.”

14 minutes ago, mckenna said:

to prevent the Ayr Utd support address being inundated with similar requests, they replied promptly to me with the following information……

“Apologies that you have fallen foul of the IP location checks we have had to implement at the request of the SFA and FA.

We use an online IP database to determine where you are based on the IP address your computer is currently using, but these databases are not 100% accurate and are collated by the information that your ISP provides. If you point your browser to https://iplocation.io/ this will generate a list of 4 lookup services and the location that these services have for your IP Address, as well as giving a bit of background on what an IP Address is and why it is important. Do not be surprised if 2 or more of these services declare your location to be England.”

I live in Ayr and for some reason my location is Saltcoats , at least still in Scotland so will be able to watch stream whilst attending a wedding this afternoon 

Edited by Finlay21

23 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

When was last time you bought another clubs stream ? A rule was put in around 3 weeks ago by the English FA which stops the streaming of any games from Scotland ( not sure if other countries are included)  , this is down to your internet provider as posted earlier some providers have your IP address registered in England no matter where you live , it’s not an Ayr United issue it’s where your IP is registered , it’s even effecting Skyline drifter who said his office is based in Heathhall and can’t get stream as the address there is registered somewhere in England he might know how to get around it 

I think the block was probably put in by SD's employers to stop him using company computers to watch football. 

My IP address is Edinburgh (I’ve just checked), still can’t get in on PC, phone or laptop.

It’s a shame as I can see a loss of revenue here for Ayr which is regrettable in these difficult times. Although may be better for my stress levels…..

Big opportunity for either Ayr or Queens today to win and open up a bit of a gap on Morton and Dunfermline who both have tough fixtures today (Inverness and Killie) ....... so that'll be an almost certain draw on the cards then .... 🙄

29 minutes ago, mckenna said:

If you point your browser to https://iplocation.io/ this will generate a list of 4 lookup services and the location that these services have for your IP Address, as well as giving a bit of background on what an IP Address is and why it is important. 

All 4 of my IP locations are given as London ...... so that'll be me stuffed then.  Usually go to the Somerset games but can't today as the wife is recovering from an operation and I'll be on "nurse Otis" duty! 😉

47 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

No offence but it is an Ayr United issue, just like its an issue for every other club. If the IP geolocation isnt reliable, which we all know it isnt, then why build something that relies on it so heavily? Its Ayrs fault for not putting something a bit more robust in place to deal with false positives, especially when they seem to be getting so many.

ETA - as I said earlier, I can get in on one PC but not another, or my phone, despite all having the same IP address and 2 of the 4 checks on the link McKenna posted showing as Scotland.

45 minutes ago, mckenna said:

Are they over-riding it to give you access, or is that a "sorry, nothing we can do" reply?

Edited by Mr X

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Drab draw seems like the order of the day for this, maybe someone sneaks a goal via deflection or the sorts.

More like 3-3 ...... 2 x hat tricks ........ Lee Connelly and Aaron (aka Sergio Red Card Ramos) Muirhead incoming.

That's really not useful at all from Ayr. To me that reads as 'check what your IP is showing as. If it's England, shit happens, no stream for you'.

I don't care where my IP location is, I want to know if there a way around it. Can only echo what others have said. If they can't bypass this then they're going to lose out on some revenue today unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Manged to watch the ICT away game which was after this ruling was brought in.

People being angry at the clubs when they really should be raging at the English FA
I’m not entirely sure why people are expecting Ayr to be able to bypass this, given they would have no idea whether someone is actually based in England or not. 

I'm not angry, I'm just a bit gutted I won't be able to watch. If anyone should be angry it shouldn't be opposition fans it should be home fans as their club are going to miss out on some revenue.

If other clubs had the same issue I'd be more inclined to slate the rules set in place down the road. But as it seems to be an Ayr United issue it's obvious folk will direct their displeasure at them rather than the rules put in place.