The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If it is the case I'll be giving it a miss, and it would have been my first Championship away day since crowds were allowed back.  I'm double jabbed but don't ask me the dates they were done. Fairy nuff if a crowd of 10,000 + was expected, as per the guidelines I believe, but for around 2,000, with a lot standing in the open air, it's a farce.  I'm at the old codger stage and yearn for the days when getting into a game of football simply meant turning up, trying to look sober, paying cash at a turnstile and going in. 

It's 4,000 if it's not all seated.

Not that it will be anywhere near that of course but their next home game with Kilmarnock will be and I think they are ensuring the process works. Nobody will be turned away for not having a vaccine passport I've been assured.

You don't need to know the dates your vaccines were done if you have a vaccine passport. It tells you.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Our website says pretty much the same, so its still not really clear what happens if you turn up and dont have a COVID passport.

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5552

It does, though, say that fans can email Ayr in advance with proof of vaccination status. That implies they plan to store the medical data for individuals. Be very interesting to know what their justification for this under data protection laws.

I've no idea how it will work in practice but surely the justification is in a bid to make life easier for those who do in not having to show a vaccine passport at entry point? Nobody is being forced to share their data for storage if it bothers them. It says they can email it in advance if they want, not that they must.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Not that it will be anywhere near that of course but their next home game with Kilmarnock will be and I think they are ensuring the process works. Nobody will be turned away for not having a vaccine passport I've been assured.

Ok, wasn't aware of the 4,000 rule. Surely it would be adequate just to trial a passport check with the Ayr support, they're the ones who'll be involved when Kilmarnock visit. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Ok, wasn't aware of the 4,000 rule. Surely it would be adequate just to trial a passport check with the Ayr support, they're the ones who'll be involved when Kilmarnock visit. 

I imagine they'll need to trial the away support process also since Kilmarnock fans will also be subject to it (and that game is beyond the date for being allowed to not enforce it I think so it needs to work).

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You don't need to know the dates your vaccines were done if you have a vaccine passport. It tells you.

It would be nice if that was clearer on Ayrs site

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've no idea how it will work in practice but surely the justification is in a bid to make life easier for those who do in not having to show a vaccine passport at entry point? Nobody is being forced to share their data for storage if it bothers them. It says they can email it in advance if they want, not that they must.

I know, but if they are asking for the information in advance then they must be storing it against the fans name. Even if this is voluntary, there should be a data privacy statement available, particularly for medical information.

If they are collecting it against fans names in advance that implies they will do the same on the gate. If its voluntary, thats fine (although the need for a privacy statement still applies) but until you answered it wasnt clear if this was a condition of entry.

Tickets now on sale online.
This game is being used as a trial run for checking COVID passports
https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/tickets-are-on-sale-now-ayr-v-qos
It kind of implies that fans have to have one for this game, even though its not legally required. That surely wont be the case?
Definitely have to get tickets online there wont be a booth or anything to get them on day at ground?

13 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
2 hours ago, Mr X said:
It kind of implies that fans have to have one for this game, even though its not legally required. That surely wont be the case?

Definitely have to get tickets online there wont be a booth or anything to get them on day at ground?

I think you can usually queue up and buy at the Club Shop but with the complications of the their Kilmarnock ticket sale going on at the same time, who knows? @Finlay21 is the answer to that question. I'm sure he'll confirm.

19 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:
2 hours ago, Mr X said:

I think you can usually queue up and buy at the Club Shop but with the complications of the their Kilmarnock ticket sale going on at the same time, who knows? @Finlay21 is the answer to that question. I'm sure he'll confirm.

Says on that link to the Ayr site there will be no pay at the gate option

Edited by Mr X

Sure Finlay21 said on the Ayr thread that Kilmarnock game  tickets will be available to buy in shop up to 1pm on Saturday then switching to selling  QoS match tickets. 

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Says on that link to the Ayr site there will be no pay at the gate option

just like Palmerston (or is that only for away fans?). Entry is by ticket, whether electronic or paper. Paper tickets are available from the club shop.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

just like Palmerston (or is that only for away fans?). Entry is by ticket, whether electronic or paper. Paper tickets are available from the club shop.

Just going by what it says in the that link

"Tickets can be purchased online or in our Club Shop and must be purchased in advance of the match as there is no option to pay at the gate."

Of course, 2:55 is in advance of the match, so again not really clear. 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Just going by what it says in the that link

"Tickets can be purchased online or in our Club Shop and must be purchased in advance of the match as there is no option to pay at the gate."

Of course, 2:55 is in advance of the match, so again not really clear. 

I'm pretty sure you will be able to buy a ticket at the club shop a few minutes before kick off. No cash gates at Somerset these days.

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

On Saturday we are only selling Kilmarnock tickets until 1pm ( awaiting confirmation of sales itinerary) , for the QOS game you can buy tickets right up to kick off , these can be bought at the ticket selling point which on Saturday  is in shop to 1pm thereafter next door round from shop back to where the tickets were sold in previous seasons 

Edited by Finlay21

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

On Saturday we are only selling Kilmarnock tickets until 1pm , for the QOS game you can buy tickets right up to kick off , these can be bought at the ticket selling point which on Saturday  is in shop to 1pm thereafter next door round from shop back to where the tickets were sold in previous seasons 

Have i missed an announcement for when the killie tickets are going on sale?

I have pretty much zero positivity about the club or team in general at the moment, especially with O’Connor out. Hopefully that changes after Saturday, but I can’t see us getting a win...

Cant particularly decide between Baird and Fjortoft, but we need McGinty out the side. 

McAdams 

Houston   Muirhead   Baird  Reading 

Bradley Murdoch  McAllister   Maxwell

Moffat 

Adeloye 

Edited by No_Problemo