The Burns battle - Ayr v Queens

Could be a tasty affair this one.  Will Ayr's "new manager bounce" continue again against Queens or is the gloss starting to wear off now after that sore one up at Firhill?  Queens have now won two on the trot (if you include a Diddy Cup tie) which feels like a rare event in recent seasons (Flash can correct me here with the stats) so are we starting to get our shit together - or will AJ continue to tinker with the line-ups?  Will Muirhead get one yellow, two yellows or a straight red - or is he a reformed man these days?  Will James Maxwell give a wing back masterclass against his previous club?  Let the discussion commence!

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not optimistic for this one.

Aye, OK ... but that's just the normal standard pre-match P&B approach.

Remember you're at home on one of those awkward grass type pitches and it's not as if you're up against the motivational might of Dick The Bunnet Campbell or the coaching genius of Pep McGlynn!

The established Championship team to record a narrow win over the yo-yo Championship/Seaside League team.  For those in doubt that's a narrow QoS win.  Can't even call this a Divisional Derby now either, not now that the big team from  Ayrshire are down in the Championship. 

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm predicting Willie Gibson to get dogs abuse from our fans, then he'll dish it back and either score or get sent off. 2-1

That's not much of a prediction though, it's a stick on he'll get dogs abuse. Although from what I've seen of this latter day Gibson, he does seem calmer and more level headed about these things now ...... guess I've totally jinxed it now, straight red incoming. 🙁

35 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

That's not much of a prediction though, it's a stick on he'll get dogs abuse. Although from what I've seen of this latter day Gibson, he does seem calmer and more level headed about these things now ...... guess I've totally jinxed it now, straight red incoming. 🙁

Must have been some transformation since we last played them in Apr. He certainly wasn’t level headed that day when he was telling the 6 lads giving him pellets to go round to the car park for a square go. Not justifying our moronic fans who dish out some sickening abuse at times right enough 

Must have been some transformation since we last played them in Apr. He certainly wasn’t level headed that day when he was telling the 6 lads giving him pellets to go round to the car park for a square go. Not justifying our moronic fans who dish out some sickening abuse at times right enough 

Aye I'm pretty sure Gibson was just human that day. I'm sure it got brought up here at the time and the stuff being shouted at him wasn't even close to banter it was genuinely disgusting stuff about Gibson's family or hoping he died in a car crash. I can't mind which one it was.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I'm pretty sure Gibson was just human that day. I'm sure it got brought up here at the time and the stuff being shouted at him wasn't even close to banter it was genuinely disgusting stuff about Gibson's family or hoping he died in a car crash. I can't mind which one it was.

Yip really sick shouts. By 6 morons. Fck knows what kind of heads gone he'll have when hundreds more are joining in 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's desperate, sad to hear - nothing wrong with a wee bit of a wind up about his Killie days but that's just "pond life" stuff.

Yip really sick shouts. By 6 morons. Fck knows what kind of heads gone he'll have when hundreds more are joining in 

Think you’d struggle to remain level headed in that situation.

Anyway, I’m not that optimistic for this one. I’ve no idea how good or bad QOS are but they seem to have a few different players in form right now. I’d bring Bradley and Maxwell back in here to try and give us a bit of width. If we approach this game like we did the Partick one then we’ll probably lose.

Not a straight forward one to predict. Ayr have picked up points from the two worst performing teams and then played two teams that were due a result. QOTS are neither but are consistently mediocre. 
Ayr have yet to achieve mediocrity and are still in basket case mode.

Based on that

Queens 0-1

or

A bore 0-0

or

Ayr 4-0

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Tickets now on sale online.

This game is being used as a trial run for checking COVID passports

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/tickets-are-on-sale-now-ayr-v-qos

It kind of implies that fans have to have one for this game, even though its not legally required. That surely wont be the case?

If it is the case I'll be giving it a miss, and it would have been my first Championship away day since crowds were allowed back.  I'm double jabbed but don't ask me the dates they were done. Fairy nuff if a crowd of 10,000 + was expected, as per the guidelines I believe, but for around 2,000, with a lot standing in the open air, it's a farce.  I'm at the old codger stage and yearn for the days when getting into a game of football simply meant turning up, trying to look sober, paying cash at a turnstile and going in. 

I think more of the Ayr support that hundreds of them wouldn't think to shout such vile things tbh.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If it is the case I'll be giving it a miss, and it would have been my first Championship away day since crowds were allowed back.  I'm double jabbed but don't ask me the dates they were done. Fairy nuff if a crowd of 10,000 + was expected, as per the guidelines I believe, but for around 2,000, with a lot standing in the open air, it's a farce.  I'm at the old codger stage and yearn for the days when getting into a game of football simply meant turning up, trying to look sober, paying cash at a turnstile and going in. 

Our website says pretty much the same, so its still not really clear what happens if you turn up and dont have a COVID passport.

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5552

It does, though, say that fans can email Ayr in advance with proof of vaccination status. That implies they plan to store the medical data for individuals. Be very interesting to know what their justification for this under data protection laws.