COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

You might want to add the criteria that would apply in assessing to overall impact as part of any decision. Since energy (unfortunately) is a reserved matter it is a moot point. I've noticed a few posts from you recently around the energy question, do you work in our sector?

Absolutely not.

Just interested.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

"Control our borders, not our boilers."

McConnachie must be devasted that he's about the only far right movement that Steve Bannon hasn't given handers to.

Magee unhappy about gas boilers being scrapped?

Highlight of cop26 for me so far was the XR protestors demanding that another person who was protesting first about another matter stop protesting because they wanted Buchanan Street, then complaining that his megaphone was drowning out their megaphone, essentially wanting someone else’s right to express themselves be stopped so they could express themselves.

Dont get what these people think they will achieve with the vandalism and stuff that they do? Do they think Joe Biden’s gonna agree to cut emissions because some twee middle class people dressed up as Crows and Trees? 

No one wants climate change to happen, think we all pretty much agree about that here eh? But the reality is to do that we need massive investment in renewables, nuclear and development of hydrogen fuels etc. We need to just invest massive amounts in our scientists and encourage kids to pursue engineering etc to change the course of this. Barclays/JP morgan etc dont invest in fossil fuels because they want climate change, they do it because it makes them money, im not a fan of this, but the way to force change is to make other alternatives cheap and profitable, XR arent going to bring about the collapse of capitalism. 

Is it just my imagination or was the city left pretty much well alone by big numbers of protesters over Mon/Tues while the bigwigs were in town and, only once they had all fucked off in their private jets, then the disruption moved in? 

Maybe @Inanimate Carbon Rod will shed a light depending on his directions over this/next week? 

11 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Is it just my imagination or was the city left pretty much well alone by big numbers of protesters over Mon/Tues while the bigwigs were in town and, only once they had all fucked off in their private jets, then the disruption moved in? 

Maybe @Inanimate Carbon Rod will shed a light depending on his directions over this/next week? 

My directions?lol. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I was in the city centre earlier this afternoon and it seemed pretty quiet to what I was expecting 

8 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I was in the city centre earlier this afternoon and it seemed pretty quiet to what I was expecting 

Today is their big day, I think from Kelvingrove park to George Square.

Best avoided, if like me, you find "gap yah" types insufferable