COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Love that after shutting the Expressway for 3 weeks they have also decided to shut Dumbarton road at the Art Gallery aswell. Imagine living in Finnieston and having to walk via Great Western Road to get to your work in Partick. The bus I get to work is being diverted through the Clyde Tunnel and then back over the Kingston Bridge.

Dumbarton Road will be closed to all traffic on November 1, 5, and 6 near to Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, Glasgow City Council has confirmed to Glasgow Live. 

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Donald Trump is, I think, the President with the closest familial ties to Scotland.  His mother being born in Lewis. He would’ve been box office times 1000 at a diplomatic summit here.

anyway, I read this article about doomerism and climate change today, I thought it was interesting - https://www.wired.co.uk/article/climate-crisis-doom

It’s mentioned in the article some of the documents and manifestos of Extinction Rebellion, here is an excerpt from one of them. The definition of yikes.

E946FC03-FAEB-468D-805D-487D39D14510.png

Tbf though about 5 people will ever read that catastrophising rubbish and almost exclusively those will be people using it for an easy dunk. On the other hand quite a lot of people will read and be influenced by this genocidal policy by Andrew Lilico because enough morons legitimized him as he was "good on covid". Which might be something for all those who pissed their pants about being asked to be more selective in their sources to think about. 

20211103_080802.jpg

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Dumbarton Road will be closed to all traffic on November 1, 5, and 6 near to Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery, Glasgow City Council has confirmed to Glasgow Live. 

Yep.

1st was a total lockdown 

5th is Greta and the kids protest and march from the park. 

6th is the mass march of 100,000 (in the pissing rain by the looks of the forecast) 

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Scotsman, I think? Michael Matheson.

Maybe you should try reading it.

"Simply bringing another field online for maximum economic benefit and if it is not compatible with net zero, is I’m afraid not consistent with what we’re trying to do in tackling climate change."

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe you should try reading it.

"Simply bringing another field online for maximum economic benefit and if it is not compatible with net zero, is I’m afraid not consistent with what we’re trying to do in tackling climate change."

Fair enough.

Unlike yourself on holiday, I have other things to do but, when I have the chance I’ll read the whole thing.

Anyway, sounds like ‘double -talk’ to me to try to appease everyone.

I realise it’s up to Westminster but what is their position?

Im sure the oil workers will want to know.

This whole thing is annoying me far more than it should. To misquote Greta, whenever there's blah, blah, blah on somewhere in the world it is usually far enough away from me that it doesnt really pique my interest. With it being right under my nose it's obvious to see the wads of money being thrown (wasted?) at it.

My take on what I've seen today - Coppers from all over the UK, lots of them. A fleet of S-Class Mercedes and a lot of bored looking chauffeurs hanging about outside the Blythswood Hotel. A whole lot more of those wee Mercedes minibuses with private registrations and blacked out windows running about the city. Went through George Square, only the poppy sellers there; don't know what i was expecting to find! And then as I was heading back up the M80, coming south at great speed was a police convoy with half a dozen Range Rovers inbetween, probably someone that's staying at Gleneagles.

^^^ seething (inexplicably).