COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can beat that. The Bolivian air force flew a private jet (Dassault Falcon 900EX if you must know) from Glasgow to Prestwick yesterday.

I saw that one on flight tracker.

Greenpeace boat in the distance making its way up the clyde.

IMG_20211101_122249837.jpg

I’ve read Dee’s posts multiple times and I still don’t get where the controversy is. Did anyone think Greta was solo free styling these addresses to world leaders? Would it matter if she wasn’t?

I didn't say it was controversial - but there are some people who are exceedingly naive who think it was done solely by a 16 year old.

There is also the dangerous assumption that if you dare disagree in any way with Greta Thunberg you are a climate change denying gammon or just a grumpy old git.

I might be the latter but I do believe that climate change is real and a serious issue. Where I am at odds with some is the simplistic middle class pish analysis of the solutions to the problems.

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

Can we somehow harness the utter gammon seethe that will result from this image? Edinburgh could be powered by it for decades. 

The gammonocity will be in their element. The opening ceremony featured some other young females with strong opinions. 

Meltdown incoming! 

50 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I always thought that Bond was Scottish but I can't remember why.  He was raised in Scotland from the storyline in Skyfall, wasn't he? 

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Scottish Dad and Swiss Mother, brought up in Kent after spending his early years abroad with his arms dealing Dad and Mother who were killed in a skiing accident when he was 11.

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Bond had a Scottish Father and Swiss Mother according to Ian Fleming.

yeah and I believe these details were added by Fleming in later books, influenced by Connery's portrayal. But by any extent, hardly approaching "most famous son" territory. 

Also, as another poster put v well, James Watt getting thrown under the bus 😂

George Square protests a damp squib so far. 

Fair play to the Anti Mullah Iranians who've been protesting since at least 7:45am when I got here. 

There are a small group of Egyptian protesters against execution of political prisoners Infront of the Cenotaph now too. 

Aside from that, there are one or two individuals with placards and lots of bored, cold polis. 

Greggs still open so not all is lost. 

33 minutes ago, PWL said:

George Square protests a damp squib so far. 

Fair play to the Anti Mullah Iranians who've been protesting since at least 7:45am when I got here. 

There are a small group of Egyptian protesters against execution of political prisoners Infront of the Cenotaph now too. 

Aside from that, there are one or two individuals with placards and lots of bored, cold polis. 

Greggs still open so not all is lost. 

As long as you're going in for a vegan sausage roll with fair-trade coffee  in compostable cup.

Otherwise you're a planet killing b*****d. Worse than Xi Jinping.

The Erskine Bridge being closed because Greenpeace's big boat might hit it means that ambulances can't get to or from Dumbarton/Alexandria/Helensburgh to the nearest A&E (Paisley) without going into Glasgow first. All for a daft virtue signalling exercise. 

We're one day into this and it's already doing my head in. 

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The Erskine Bridge being closed because Greenpeace's big boat might hit it means that ambulances can't get to or from Dumbarton/Alexandria/Helensburgh to the nearest A&E (Paisley) without going into Glasgow first. All for a daft virtue signalling exercise. 

We're one day into this and it's already doing my head in. 

This has just caused an absolute riot in here. Loads of folk just turned their computer off and left, hoping to reach the Clyde tunnel before it gets messy. Funnily enough I had to do that Dumbarton - Glasgow - Paisley Hospital trip on Friday afternoon and it was not very fun, nor fast. Imagine it'll be much worse now given the number of motorists heading into Glasgow/Clyde Tunnel. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

This has just caused an absolute riot in here. Loads of folk just turned their computer off and left, hoping to reach the Clyde tunnel before it gets messy. Funnily enough I had to do that Dumbarton - Glasgow - Paisley Hospital trip on Friday afternoon and it was not very fun, nor fast. Imagine it'll be much worse now given the number of motorists heading into Glasgow/Clyde Tunnel. 

The bridge was closed for about 10 mins 🤣🤣