COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

I’ve read Dee’s posts multiple times and I still don’t get where the controversy is. Did anyone think Greta was solo free styling these addresses to world leaders? Would it matter if she wasn’t?
80% of anti-Greta Thunberg seethe is purely down to mid to old age men being absolutely unable to handle being lectured on stuff they don't understand by someone who's both a teenager and a GIRL.

The other 10% would likely appear in the court reports a few months after handing a laptop into PC World for repair.

27 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

80% of anti-Greta Thunberg seethe is purely down to mid to old age men being absolutely unable to handle being lectured on stuff they don't understand by someone who's both a teenager and a GIRL.

The other 10% would likely appear in the court reports a few months after handing a laptop into PC World for repair.

What about the remaining 10% or have we managed to cut Greatseethe by 10% already?

Not a bad start for day 1 of COP26 tbf

32 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Screenshot_20211101-124218.png

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Johnson kicks it off with James Bond banter. :bag

only a Tory would address a world audience in Scotland and offer the suggestion at the outset that Scotland's most famous son was James Bond. 

Perhaps slightly conflating the most famous Scot in Connery to a fictional character with tenuous links to Scotland. 

Or I perhaps mis-heard Johnson's actual analogy.....

1 minute ago, KingRocketman II said:

only a Tory would address a world audience in Scotland and offer the suggestion at the outset that Scotland's most famous son was James Bond. 

Perhaps slightly conflating the most famous Scot in Connery to a fictional character with tenuous links to Scotland. 

I'm sure Boris has an affinity for him, Bond was a fellow Etonian, expelled for shagging a maid.

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I always thought that Bond was Scottish but I can't remember why.  He was raised in Scotland from the storyline in Skyfall, wasn't he? 

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

I always thought that Bond was Scottish but I can't remember why.  He was raised in Scotland from the storyline in Skyfall, wasn't he? 

Scottish Dad and Swiss Mother, brought up in Kent after spending his early years abroad with his arms dealing Dad and Mother who were killed in a skiing accident when he was 11.

16 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Bond had a Scottish Father and Swiss Mother according to Ian Fleming.

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Just checking again this morning and there’s currently a Qatari private jet making a 1/2hour flight from Inverness to Glasgow. 🤪

I can beat that. The Bolivian air force flew a private jet (Dassault Falcon 900EX if you must know) from Glasgow to Prestwick yesterday.