COP26 Glasgow 31st OCT to 12th NOV

wastecoatwilly

On 14/10/2021 at 14:26, scottsdad said:

They might as well just cancel it. According to this site it's just a big hoax. 

Incidentally, yesterday I gave a lecture on sustainability. Standing in a classroom with the heating on and the windows open.

image.thumb.png.7d08f7367f45a3791692975d49bca052.png

Who wrote this pish? Who wrote this pish? And did anybody proofread it? And did anybody proof read it?

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

About £2m but they are talking of withdrawing it. Probably just sabre rattling but they did withdraw it in London recently. They possibly want something in return for the money. They see the Tory party donors getting rich on the back of their donations.

The bog roll is recyclable probably worth £2 million,the whats in it for me crew need to up their game.

18 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Going to be a fuckin nightmare for anyone working in or near the city centre.

So many road closures planned. Train staff threatening to go on strike, funnily enough getting into work won't be any trouble if you start early enough but getting home could potentially take hours, not that employers care as long as they get the full shift out of you. 

I live near Victoria Park and use the expressway near enough every day. Thankfully I'm WFH, but the road closures, trains being off, additional traffic being punted onto the already gridlocked Dumbarton Road and prospect of protests is making me absolutely resent this whole thing. If I had money I'd fly somewhere sunny for about three weeks and just work from there. It's going to be brutal.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I live near Victoria Park and use the expressway near enough every day. Thankfully I'm WFH, but the road closures, trains being off, additional traffic being punted onto the already gridlocked Dumbarton Road and prospect of protests is making me absolutely resent this whole thing. If I had money I'd fly somewhere sunny for about three weeks and just work from there. It's going to be brutal.

If you had money id absolutely recommend getting the f**k out of dodge for a fortnight, this is going to be an unmitigated disaster. 

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A show on tonight about the UAE data theft called "The Trick". Looking forward to it as I know a guy who worked in that team - he has retired and moved to Hong Kong now, but I remember him talking about it. 

I went to UEA and though I don't know the people involved, I was disgusted by the number of journalists and paid off Exxon "scientists" who pretended they didn't know the technical nature of the terms like "trick" used in the emails, and went on a full blown character assassination despite knowing it was unfounded. It was a reverse of the the "MMR causes autism" scandal, where they promoted a clearly bogus and dangerous message by a fraudulent and corrupt scientist. Hope the programme does the righteous thing.

Edited by welshbairn

11 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A show on tonight about the UAE data theft called "The Trick". Looking forward to it as I know a guy who worked in that team - he has retired and moved to Hong Kong now, but I remember him talking about it. 

Suppose it got most of the facts over, but it looked like some agitprop theatre put together by students above a pub in Shoreditch.

20 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I work just off Dumbarton Road and will be coming in from Cumbernauld. I read they are using the M8 to wheel the delegates in so given my shifts will start at 3, I’ve fucking no chance. 

42 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I work just off Dumbarton Road and will be coming in from Cumbernauld. I read they are using the M8 to wheel the delegates in so given my shifts will start at 3, I’ve fucking no chance. 

You can rent my living room for £8k a night?

That's going to be absolutely brutal though - if it's even possible. 

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

It's not up to the council. SPT are part of Transport Scotland which answers to Holyrood. 

Councillors from the various areas which make up the former Strathclyde Regional Council are members of SPT, so councils do have some influence.