Montrose v Morton

vikingTON

Stunning amount of enthusiasm for this tie clearly. I for one am looking forward to visiting Links' Park on Morton duty, after only being there previously for the play-off final against Brora. I have high expectations of Montrose's pubs to keep the day entertaining. 

As for the game, we really need some kind of win right now so I think McPherson would be very foolish to field a 'rotated' side. Though Gus McPherson is a very foolish man. We have two international starlets missing: if Ledger comes in at the back then that's not an issue. Losing Oksanen in the middle of the park definitely is.

If we were at full strength then I'd have considered us narrow favourites, but without those players I can't call this game. 

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Got another antipodean pal of ma partner's visiting us so wont be making this one. Last time this happened, as I'm often reminded, we won 2-0 

At Falkirk. To relegate. Falkirk.

S03E01-H82YhgMj-subtitled.jpg.629120bed895e4cec7863e15f73823a3.jpg

S03E01-EXwf5agy-subtitled.jpg.21dee2dda41188bc27775b6655c9733b.jpg

Heading up to this more with hope than anticipation and Oksannen and McEntee will be big losses. Genuinely don't know what to expect, thot we were decent last week, for most of the game, and still not convinced about the penalty. Can see this going to pens...

The referee not being able to count to five summed that nick of a game up, but happy to be through regardless. Hamilton continued his excellent contributions for us with a key stop in the dying minutes and a good save in the shootout. We knocked the ball around okay but still have no idea what to do in the final third to score goals. 

Not playing extra time was a favour to everyone. 

Went to this game with a Morton supporting mate. Wanted to sit in the visitors part of the main stand and was amazed to find that we had to go to the top of the steps in the ‘home’ side, make our way through the occupied top rows in the middle of the stand to get to the far end. Genius planning  by the Montrose powers that be!

When the announcer welcomed the Mo onto the pitch my Morton pal correctly commented that it was a shame the announcer couldn’t speak English! Didn’t understand a word.

Unique day though - Morton through to next round then up to see the City second half ( another win) then watched Scotland’s great win over Israel. 

2 hours ago, OldRed said:

Went to this game with a Morton supporting mate. Wanted to sit in the visitors part of the main stand and was amazed to find that we had to go to the top of the steps in the ‘home’ side, make our way through the occupied top rows in the middle of the stand to get to the far end. Genius planning  by the Montrose powers that be!

When the announcer welcomed the Mo onto the pitch my Morton pal correctly commented that it was a shame the announcer couldn’t speak English! Didn’t understand a word.

Unique day though - Morton through to next round then up to see the City second half ( another win) then watched Scotland’s great win over Israel. 

You can also enter the stand from the Beach End to get to the "visitors part", but as there was no segregation, I fail to see the problem here?

To be fair we did exit from our end but on entering the ground we were told by the steward to go the way I have described. As far as segregation the Morton supporters didn’t mingle the way we Brechiners do with yourselves. Good luck for the rest of the season