Treehouse of Horror : Dunfermline vs Kilmarnock - 16th October

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Swap you for Fraser Murray back if you want then?

Well I didn't rate him that highly when we had him on loan, a couple of good free kick goals apart, so you're all right. I like Wighton and think he's one of our better players but he's having a bit of a tough time at the moment and today wasn't one of his better games. Don't think Thomas was too good today either mind you although he got better as the game went on and the goal helped his confidence.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Swap you for Fraser Murray back if you want then?

He’s still our best forward but he’s had much better games for us, especially last season.

I was getting quite frustrated at him not being able to hold up the ball in the first half.

Unsurprisingly, Grant was waxing lyrical about his love child Pybus while also having a bizarre criticism about us not taking throw-ins quickly enough. Make no mistake, he still needs emptied asap.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I thought Wighton had good game today. Put in a great amount of work and his touch and link up play was good. A far better option than Todorov leading the line.

It’s not like he played poorly I just thought he usually looks more dangerous. He’s clearly a better option up top than anything else we have at the club.

Wighton, once again, had almost zero service. He's not going to do much if he isn't given chances. 'Hold up play' isn't one of his strengths; he's all about getting on the end of crosses/passes and getting to run at defences.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We will win the league.

Might be shite to watch, might not be as dominant as we should be with our budget, but the league is a marathon not a sprint and I am still very confident we'll come out on top at the end of it.

Anyone expecting us to come down and smash teams every week is overestimating the difference between the leagues.

I’d be confident saying we’ll make the top 4 at the very worst but I certainly wouldn’t have the balls to say we’ll win this division. Hope you are right though.

On 13/10/2021 at 16:58, Grant228 said:

If you routinely lost to the worst teams in the league how in the f**k did you stay in the Premier for so long? Outwith when Clarke was skelping Rangers about every second week did you have a great record against the top sides? 

Is that the Kilmarnock way? I presume Gretna absolutely pumped you but you put double digits past the old firm that season? 

Load of absolutely nonsense. You know who the bottom four sides in this division are currently? Ayr, Morton, Hamilton and us, how'd you do against the other three? Ah right, they make up 3 of your 5 wins. 

The "Kilmarnock way" 

I’m sure that after today’s cluster feck you can bow accept that we are indeed the team anyone wants to play when times are tough .

8 hours ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

I’m sure that after today’s cluster feck you can bow accept that we are indeed the team anyone wants to play when times are tough .

We didn't beat you tho. 

The team I most want to play is morton, as they are the next worst side in the division and the only team we have been ahead against.

I'm assuming that our goal that was ruled out was for climbing, the camera angle makes it hard to see so I think it's a but unlucky.

Killies first looked in line from the angle but again it's not the best view to try and figure it out.

I'm assuming that our goal that was ruled out was for climbing, the camera angle makes it hard to see so I think it's a but unlucky.
Killies first looked in line from the angle but again it's not the best view to try and figure it out.

I thought it was a foul on the keeper. At the time I wasn't 100% it actually went in anyway, but it looks like it might have crept over.

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Hibs we’re probably the last team to win the title in style,  doing just enough to edge out games most weeks is what champions of this league tend to do. 

15 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah that is true. Considering the money that Hearts, County and Dundee Utd must have spent to go up you’d think they’d have been able to do it in style. They all won it fairly comfortably but none of them ever looked that good.

On saying that we have played we for about 60 minutes this season and are 5 points clear, so long may scrapping your way to the title continue.

Hibs won it with 71 points (1.97 PPG), failing to win 47% of their games.

No-one has won it with a lower points per game since. Hearts and Dundee United got 2.11, St Mirren 2.06 and Ross County also 1.97.

Hearts last season scored 4 more goals than Hibs 16/17 despite playing 9 fewer games.

Stylish.

Edited by DC92

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I thought it was a foul on the keeper. At the time I wasn't 100% it actually went in anyway, but it looks like it might have crept over.

That was what I thought watching it live but the referee doesn't blow until the keeper is on his own and flapping.

But flap at the ball and end up on your arse and 9/10 times the ref will take pity and give a foul, players should know that and go nowhere near him certainly not put your hands on him like you would a defender/ attacker

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Hibs won it with 71 points (1.97 PPG), failing to win 47% of their games.

No-one has won it with a lower points per game since. Hearts and Dundee United got 2.11, St Mirren 2.06 and Ross County also 1.97.

Hearts last season scored 4 more goals than Hibs 16/17 despite playing 9 fewer games.

Stylish.

Hibs had the title won with ease by january and completely took their foot of the gas.  Something the more pragmatic sides didn't do as much. 

Forgot about that st mirren side, they were also pretty good tbf.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

At the time It looked quite clear the ref had seen Connolly climbing,  from the main stand you could see he had both arms on top of the markers shoulders and the timing of the whistle was right as he went for the header.  You get away with it sometimes,  but it didn't seem that controversial to disallow it.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Hibs had the title won with ease by january and completely took their foot of the gas.  Something the more pragmatic sides didn't do as much. 

At the halfway point they were 2 points behind in 2nd place, having dropped points in 8 of their first 18 games. Their PPG only dropped slightly from 2.0 to 1.94 in the second half of the season but Dundee United had completely fallen away. They only ended up with 1 more point than they got in 14/15 when they finished 21 points off the pace.

If anything your description applies more to Hearts last season, who were 12 points ahead at the halfway point, averaging 3 goals a game and having won 11 out of 14. They then looked like they couldn't be arsed anymore in February and March.

We didn't win it in style, it was largely eye-bleeding shite, but Hibs most certainly didn't either. They scored less often and won less often. I'm sure even Hibs fans would agree. 

The point about it being a division teams rarely win in style is a fair one, though. Hardly anyone gets over 80 points and a steady 2 points per game average usually does it comfortably.