Insulate Britain

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t agree with them blocking an ambulance but the ‘Londoners’ doing the removing looked liked yobs.

your definition of a yob must differ from mine,  they were sitting in the middle of that road just asking to be volleyed to the face, a shower of absolute arseholes

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/18/mum-unable-to-get-to-ae-due-of-m25-protests-paralysed-from-stroke-15279163/

Edited by Meldrew

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Only a matter of time before someone runs them over 

Oh, I do hope so.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Won’t be long before locals just start giving them a good kicking.  

Oh, I do hope so.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

They will end up with a few of them taking an absolute leathering or getting killed by a driver that isn't able to react quickly enough. 

Oh, I do.............you can see where I'm going with this :) 

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I will be actively avoiding Glasgow during this, thankfully my work have literally told everyone bar a couple of volunteers who are going in just to physically print and post stuff that they can work at home during COP26.

Like Jan above I am a shitebag, However I wouldn’t second guess delivering a sweet chin music to one of these c***s if they tried to block me anywhere.

Maybe a good idea would be to bring back into service Boris’s water cannon.

Would be very effective.

Regarding climate change I read a report saying that Antarctica has just had its coldest winter since 1957.

Maybe what we were told in the 70’s was correct that we were facing a new ice age?

Anyway, I’m leaving the door open for someone to debunk this report. Can’t be arsed!!

We could really do without these clowns gifting Priti Patel an excuse to crack down on the right to protest. If the Hong Kong protesters can manage to let ambulances through when fighting for the right to democracy I'm sure Team Loft Insulation can find it in their tiny little minds to do the same. Totally counterproductive.

The actual cause is quite a good one, being something tangible and achievable instead of the usual empty slogans (make poverty history etc) or vague ideas (xr). 

Clearly their tactics are stupid and counterproductive. 

But there's just something inherently ridiculous about militant lagging enthisiasts that gives the whole thing a Brasseye feel. 

57 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The actual cause is quite a good one, being something tangible and achievable...

Yet several of the hypocrite protesters, including Insulate Britain's official spokesperson, are yet to insulate their own homes. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cop26 is going to be a complete clusterfuck and everyone who can avoid Glasgow for the duration probably should, its going to be chaos. Glasgow imo does not have the infrastructure for this and we absolutely cannot afford the knock on impact to services here, but its ok because folk can grandstand. 

Companies in the city centre should absolutely be allowing staff to work from home for the duration of it. There are a number of key commuter routes that are going to be shut, Clydeside Expressway included. Whole thing is going to be an absolute mess for anyone that needs to get into or through the city. Haven't seen anything about additional trains being put on yet for the Milngavie line to handle the additional people trying to get off at the SECC, plus there is the ever looming threat of RMT industrial action. 

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

So achieveable that several of the protesters, including Insulate Britain's official spokesperson, are yet to insulate their own homes.  :unsure:

Erm I'm pretty sure they're demanding that the government takes action to make insulation projects affordable and/or required, as opposed to demanding that individuals pay for it themselves. 

So long as they limit their disruption to motorists - the most self-entitled and beetroot-faced segment of UK society - then they're a great bunch of lads. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm I'm pretty sure they're demanding that the government takes action to make insulation projects affordable and/or required, as opposed to demanding that individuals pay for it themselves. 

So long as they limit their disruption to motorists - the most self-entitled and beetroot-faced segment of UK society - then they're a great bunch of lads. 

And dying citizens of course.

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^^^^ can't afford a car.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t agree with them blocking an ambulance but the ‘Londoners’ doing the removing looked liked yobs.

They didn’t really though did they?  They looked like everyday folk fucked off by a bunch of dickheads sitting on the road causing a traffic jam of idling vehicles releasing exhaust emissions and preventing folk getting to work to earn coin which could help pay winter heating bills or purchase loft insulation.

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe a good idea would be to bring back into service Boris’s water cannon.

Would be very effective.

Anyway, I’m leaving the door open

You haven’t thought this through have you?

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

We could really do without these clowns gifting Priti Patel an excuse to crack down on the right to protest. If the Hong Kong protesters can manage to let ambulances through when fighting for the right to democracy I'm sure Team Loft Insulation can find it in their tiny little minds to do the same. Totally counterproductive.

There’s yer solution. Maybe these dickheads could get their pointless arses off the roads and set up a company to provide insulation services instead of expecting the government to hand it out. 

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

There’s yer solution. Maybe these dickheads could get their pointless arses off the roads and set up a company to provide insulation services instead of expecting the government to hand it out. 

Hmm, no. I think they want the government to fund/provide incentives for well insulated homes, rather than subsidising (or not) the heating of energy inefficient properties not actually have Dominic Raab in a boiler suit squirting foam into your wall cavity.

I may be wrong here, but was there not some sort of government scheme up here a year or two back that let you insulate your home at a heavily discounted price/free? I assume there was criteria to meet for it but still, at least some efforts have been made.