Insulate Britain

I saw this thread about the latest strange protest - a young student dumping a bucket of shit on a wooden cut out of Captain Tom.

Seems like End UK Private Jets are a tiny, possibly less than ten people, offshoot of the various other protest groups who have sprung up in recent years. I hadn't realised that one of them set themselves on fire at a tennis tournament a few months ago.

I don't know who the Tweeter who posted this is but he has an anime avatar so there's a good chance he's extremely objectionable.  The thread is interesting though, some of the language from these microgroups is very strange and dumping a bucket of shit on a Captain Tom memorial is very odd behaviour.

Was it her own shite saved up over a long period, or did she collect shite from friends and family? In either case, I suggest a visit to the Doctor. Or at least drinking some flat coke. It is a well known medical fact that flat coke will stiffen your shite.

There's something hilarious about this video:

I mean, she has a point but I don’t think this is a sensible idea to try and gain support. It will however send the gammons and Thursday night pot-bangers into meltdown, every cloud and all that.

1 hour ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

I'm sure she thinks she's thought it all through and her logic is incontrovertible, but she's going to spend the rest of her life cringing over this.

I mean, she has a point but I don’t think this is a sensible idea to try and gain support. It will however send the gammons and Thursday night pot-bangers into meltdown, every cloud and all that.

Greenied for "Thursday night pot-bangers". Going to use this insult in the not too distant future.

2 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Just watched it again and I'm proper giggling. So many good lines:

"Today I'm going to be pouring actual liquid human shit onto a Captain Tom memorial"

"People are going to say this is profoundly disrespectful to the NHS, and I agree"

"Meanwhile, mass death, mass disease, mass dying"

The way she says "every time a private jet takes off it pours a bucket of shit and blood on everything Captain Tom stood for" like she's only just realised what she's saying.

It's such an extreme action against such an irrelevant and insignificant statue. 😂 It would make brilliant sketch writing.

It is a deeply weird clip.  The way she's talking about the genocide of all humanity and then breezily at the end adds "join a Zoom meeting to find out more!".

I honestly think this might be some sort of hoax.

They don't seem too bright anyway, her colleague accidentally set his arm on fire in another protest.

skynews-fire-tennis_5909042.jpg?20220923

https://news.sky.com/story/protester-sets-arm-on-fire-on-court-ahead-of-roger-federers-farewell-tennis-match-at-laver-cup-12704070

Edited by welshbairn