Insulate Britain

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Glad you've climbed down a bit from your silly knee-jerk "but my wee carrrrr" reaction to a factually accurate point, but you're still not arguing against a point anyone has made here. Of course private car drivers (not the only road users as you well know despite your as usual hilariously selective framing) pay tax that contribute to road maintenance. So does everyone else who pays tax though, so your multi-post wailing is still completely irrelevant. 

What on Earth are you on about? I explicitly stated in the first post you quoted that all taxpayers contiribute to upkeep of the roads. Maybe try re-reading it slowly with your finger under the lines? 

No idea what you mean about climbing down from a “my wee car” post. I didn’t mention my car, or paying tax on it, at any point.

I pay just as much for their upkeep as car owners. 

I explicitly stated in the first post you quoted that all taxpayers contiribute to upkeep of the roads. Maybe try re-reading it slowly with your finger under the lines? 

Erm, isn't Asim effectively saying the same thing, ie that all taxpayers regardless of car ownership contribute to road maintenance?

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Erm, isn't Asim effectively saying the same thing, ie that all taxpayers regardless of car ownership contribute to road maintenance?

Yes thankfully honest man has now talked himself down to making exactly the same point he thought was really funny when people brought up earlier. Progress, of a kind

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The big question is, what issue would inconvienced car drivers consider that a bit of the civil disobedience might be in order? 

Fuel prices? 

Most people don't care about causes, they just want to get on with their lives with the least amount of hassle possible. 

Broke: Driving cars down the road.

Woke: Blocking roads because of loft insulation.

Bespoke: Blocking traffic in the centre of a major European city so you can get the change from your chippy.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/moment-angry-mobility-scooter-driver-22270394?fbclid=IwAR3LAO7n7jRWBoev4H3pSe9cJkyQfR09q7fQzAWu9SaRAgaoLzWF3uPT1x8

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Broke: Driving cars down the road.

Woke: Blocking roads because of loft insulation.

Bespoke: Blocking traffic in the centre of a major European city so you can get the change from your chippy.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/moment-angry-mobility-scooter-driver-22270394?fbclid=IwAR3LAO7n7jRWBoev4H3pSe9cJkyQfR09q7fQzAWu9SaRAgaoLzWF3uPT1x8

That confirms my suspicions about the C***

Who could have predicted that the warm round of applause they received from the media and cretins like the ones on this thread would have encouraged entitled drivers (and scabs, if anyone would like to educate themselves about actual working class politics instead of making people up in their head) to start doing this whenever they like 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Who could have predicted that the warm round of applause they received from the media and cretins like the ones on this thread would have encouraged entitled drivers (and scabs, if anyone would like to educate themselves about actual working class politics instead of making people up in their head) to start doing this whenever they like 

It'll be The Prof on his way out.

Is that plate for real?

12 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

PR07 is presumably the first ,4 letter in which case I have no sympathy for @scottsdad

12 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Chavs 2 v 0 Protesters

Why is it always folk in Range Rovers?

It’s good to know that if frustrated motorists fancy giving a group of protestors a nudge with their motor, the police and society in general are okay with it. Nobody wants to be inconvenienced in this busy world. The motorist is obviously still king, despite the state of the roads.

Does it only work for groups of protestors or are all pedestrians fair game?

Also, when is my house getting more insulation?