Insulate Britain

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

So now it is perfectly acceptable to let peoples car tyres down because they drive a certain type of vehicle? Because climate? :lol:

You people are fuckin crazy. What next? Breaking windows when people have their heating on too high?? :lol: 

Do we have a 'people that need setting on fire' thread? 🤔

States it's unacceptable for big, unnecessary, gas guzzling motors having their tyres let down.

States immediately after this that it would be acceptable if he could set people on fire.

Safe to say this targeting of SUV drivers is a fucking slam dunk from the IB lads. I started out as a distant supporter of this cause but this latest move has me applauding and cheering like xbl and his dad on 9/11. 

Btw I should add I drive to and from work. In the pursuit of being fully informed, I checked whether I could get to my work for a dayshift* or get home from a nightshift** by bus today.

*I can't. I'd be at least an hour late. More at weekends.

**I can, but it would take a stonking 50 minutes more than I can get home if driving. 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Btw I should add I drive to and from work. In the pursuit of being fully informed, I checked whether I could get to my work for a dayshift* or get home from a nightshift** by bus today.

*I can't. I'd be at least an hour late. More at weekends.

**I can, but it would take a stonking 50 minutes more than I can get home if driving. 

This kind of thing has been discussed before on here.  One viewpoint was you should move closer to your work 🤣

17 hours ago, bennett said:

Someones going to give these fannies a sore face sooner or later.

CLIMATE protesters have been letting down the tyres on SUVs in Glasgow.

Anonymous protesters have reportedly targeted vehicles parked in the West End of the city, where the COP26 climate conference is being held.

Jamie MacConnacher flagged one incident on Twitter.

Sharing an image of a flyer left by the protesters alongside one of a flat tyre, he wrote: “Vehicles around the west end have been targeted overnight.

“Understand the need for change but acts of vandalism and criminal damage are not the answer!”

He told the BBC he had come downstairs to find his "two front tyres had been totally deflated

Nobody in the West End of Glasgow is going to do anything about this you as a Glesga man should know this fine well

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

It's all pishing in the wind and not addressing the real issue -

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/no-kids-better-for-the-environment-a4198451.html

it's definitely worth being suspicious of anyone who goes out their way to make "overpopulation" the reason for resource depletion 

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I'd be gobsmacked at anyone trying to deflect from it tbqhwy 

Unless your solution to overpopulation is to start and end with culling the extremely wealthy then you're either an eco-fascist, thick, or both. You can let the forum decide which.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Unless your solution to overpopulation is to start and end with culling the extremely wealthy then you're either an eco-fascist, thick, or both. You can let the forum decide which.

Good for you chum. 

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't really keep up with the news but apparently there's been a bug going about 

Only yesterday Nicola Sturgeon was again swanning about at Cop stating climate change is the ultimate priority and greatest emergency of our time, yet she is still encouraging us to contribute by wasting heat… 

She can’t have it both ways.

Edited by Abdul_Latif