Insulate Britain

I bet every tradesman in London claimed they'd been caught up in those protests, what a gift for them.  "Oh aye mate, stuck behind those fucking protesters, nightmare, been here for hours" as they do homer after cash-in-hand homer on the other side of town.  They have probably cooked it all up with the guys gluing their faces to the M25 slip road.

15 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I would tell the plumber that I completely understood the issue, would advise him to not attempt to assault a protestor, and would of course rearrange a time for them to perform the work for which they would be fully paid. You'll remember that this was another option I posited for all workers because you're engaging a thought out position in good faith, rather than allowing your pedantic contrarianism to swing you about like a snake charmer's cobra 

So, you wouldn't pay him for not turning up.  As I said easy to want people paid when it isn't you doing the paying.  As for  "pedantic contrarianism", if you don't want to be criticised when you post ill-thought out comments then don't post them.

Still waiting for you to explain why self-employed people should have to make sure that they can take the financial hit from the unexpected but employed people should be given a handout from their employer. 

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

So, you wouldn't pay him for not turning up.  As I said easy to want people paid when it isn't you doing the paying.  As for  "pedantic contrarianism", if you don't want to be criticised when you post ill-thought out comments then don't post them.

Still waiting for you to explain why self-employed people should have to make sure that they can take the financial hit from the unexpected but employed people should be given a handout from their employer. 

It is absolutely pedantic contrarianism to continually misrepresent what is being said to continue your "yes, but" approach to this conversation as you have once again done above. Either read and engage properly with the discussion being had, post something that is at least entertaining or expect to be treated with scorn or ignored. 

The differences between employment and self employment are both widely understood and have been explained in this thread. They may not have been explained to your satisfaction but that is absolutely fine with me as you are both an idiot and a bore 

On 28/10/2021 at 15:24, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

There's very obviously a difference between pretending that the caricature you've created doesn't exist and pretending that they are representative, hence why I mentioned the fact you had used 4 caveats to answer a general question. You'll have to explain why that's a Tory stance but I get that's just a go to.

Of course worker's rights in this country should be far stronger to the point that being unable to attend work due to e.g. a protest disrupting travel should mean no loss of earnings. But unfortunately that's not possible because as demonstrated through this very case and conversation no one can try to make an obviously positive change through direct action in this country without someone going "ehmmm have you thought of this specific guy I've just thought of and his problems, because it's pretty problematic if not"; that's if they're not actively assaulting those trying to bring about that change. So there we are. 

On 28/10/2021 at 18:58, strichener said:

Away and don't talk such shite, who is going to pay for the loss of earnings?  Unless your answer is the protesters then you haven't thought this through at all.

On 28/10/2021 at 20:25, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Sorry I wasn't looking for comments but thank you 

On 28/10/2021 at 20:34, craigkillie said:

Their employers.

On 28/10/2021 at 20:45, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yeah it's pretty straightforward

I'll just leave this here.

Can anyone think of other large gatherings that cause disruption in and around Glasgow that aren't carried out by middle-aged Waitrose shoppers and, as a result, folk are absolute shitebags towards them?

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Employees eh? What are you guys like? Always got your hands out for everyone else to pay for your problems. 🤣

So in other words, when YOU are payinkg for it you change your tune immediately. 🤣

Mate. Unless you have that one employer in a million, you're not going to get paid if you're caught up in one of these protests so this really is a dead conversation.

In fact, I'll bet that some employees caught up in this through now fault of their own will lose their jobs as well because not all bosses will be sympathetic.

Who said life was fair eh?

Don't like it, there's the door. Simple as! 😂😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

Can anyone think of other large gatherings that cause disruption in and around Glasgow that aren't carried out by middle-aged Waitrose shoppers and, as a result, folk are absolute shitebags towards them?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6340757/celtic-fans-lennon-hundreds-protest-parkhead/

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19305875.watch-rangers-fans-celebrate-outside-ibrox-stadium-glasgow/

I can guarantee none of that lot shop at Waitrose!

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Probably a good idea not to stand in the middle of the road if avoiding the risk of death is a top priority tbf.

That's one angle.  Another angle is - the presence of a person on a road shouldn't be a green light for a seething motorist to run them over in their unnecessarily massive motor because they've been delayed by 15 minutes on their pishy school run or whatever.  

Motorists don't own the fkin roads, nor do all legal and moral obligations disappear just because you're a car driver and you think the road belongs to you.