Insulate Britain

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

Apologies.  I didn't know you were  posting proclamations.  I'll know next time.

Any chance that you could proclaim who is going to pay for people not getting to their work due to protests. 

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their employers.

Yeah it's pretty straightforward

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their employers.

Why would an employer be liable for this?  It is not for employers to pay for the actions of protesters.

The obvious implication of this is that we would never see strikes but rather protests and therefore a company would be paying for their own employees to not work.

Absolutely batshit mental.  It's all very well looking for genuine workers rights but nonsense like this needs to be called out.

31 minutes ago, strichener said:

Why would an employer be liable for this?  It is not for employers to pay for the actions of protesters.

The obvious implication of this is that we would never see strikes but rather protests and therefore a company would be paying for their own employees to not work.

Absolutely batshit mental.  It's all very well looking for genuine workers rights but nonsense like this needs to be called out.

You do know annual, sick, maternity, paternity and compassionate leaves all exist, right?  All of those are "companies paying their employees not to work". 

It's not the fucking Middle Ages.  

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Employers would not be liable to pay the salary of staff who are participating in protests, because that would be their choice not to attend work. However, employers could be liable to pay the salary of staff who are unable to attend work for reasons beyond their control (eg road closures, public transport strikes).

10 hours ago, Detournement said:

It does look a bit set up.

The people down the end of the line just calmly waiting for a mystery liquid to be thrown in their eyes is too bizarre to be genuine. They don't put their hands to their faces either.

That's because they have their hands superglued to the tarmac...

17 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Give me an example of an effective protest that disrupted nothing but the protestors themselves and I'll maybe agree with you. 

Whilst I agree that if I was running IB I would probably choose a different means of protest, that's a pish analogy. Government should be concerned about anything that disrupts society, IB have done that. Shitting on a private company's shop floor doesn't concern governments or councils. 

16 hours ago, Gaz said:

Any examples of this?

fire.jpg.df925829835c2b94aabd6f899c63ea79.jpg

President Kennedy said no news picture ever caused as much emotion around the world and it ultimately led to the US overthrowing the oppressive Vietnamese government. Which worked out well. 

Edited by Newbornbairn

10 hours ago, resk said:

You do know annual, sick, maternity, paternity and compassionate leaves all exist, right?  All of those are "companies paying their employees not to work". 

It's not the fucking Middle Ages.  

All costs that are known about when you take an employee on and the majority of which are actually paid by the government.

The idea that you hold companies financially responsible for protesters stopping employer's getting to work is just ludicrous.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Employers would not be liable to pay the salary of staff who are participating in protests, because that would be their choice not to attend work. However, employers could be liable to pay the salary of staff who are unable to attend work for reasons beyond their control (eg road closures, public transport strikes).

It is an employee's responsibility to get to work, just as it's an employer's responsibility to provide work.  

11 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You're being willfully thick here tbh 

Your being purposely stupid after your initial post that workers should get paid for not being able to go to work and then putting that burden onto the businesses.  Over 90% of businesses in Scotland are classed as SME with less than 50 employees, why should they shoulder the wages of someone that can't get to work due to road closures?  Where do you draw the line on what is acceptable reasons not to turn up for work.

As I said, genuine workers rights are fine, this suggestion is naive and I would guess posted by people working for large companies or the public sector. 

Anyone that has run a small business that relies on workers directly for income (trades, consultancy etc.) would soon be laying people off.

Also, ironically many have posted in here that the Government are responsible for this.  Rather stupid to then say but financially business needs to be paying for it. 

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Why should businesses be responsible for paying sick pay to their employees? It is the responsibility of employees to get to work. It is the responsibility of employers to provide work, simple as. Don't like it there's the door 😂😂 😂

Have you ever worked for an employer where you clock/swipe in and clock/swipe out?

One where you are paid by the hour and some goofball manager monitors this?

Are all the younger people on here middle class?

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Have you ever worked for an employer where you clock/swipe in and clock/swipe out?

Aye.

There’s a lot of “middle class with a cushy job” presumptions getting floated about here.

It’s one thing to argue that employees should get paid in these circumstances, it’s a different thing entirely to say that they all actually will.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I have almost exclusively done these jobs until approx a year ago, yes. And if I were unable to attend my work due to forces outside my control, just as with sickness I would expect (in a better, more rational world) to be either paid or given an opportunity to make back those hours. Swing and a miss champ, hope you're filling up those bottles of piss! 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Aye.

There’s a lot of “middle class with a cushy job” presumptions getting floated about here.

It’s one thing to argue that employees should get paid in these circumstances, it’s a different thing entirely to say that they all actually will.

No one is saying they will. Learn to read by Christ