Insulate Britain

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

This is mental. Why do they sit there and just let him do it?

This is why they won't achieve anything. Middle class losers, they should have made him drink it.

Being sprayed with an unknown liquid and barely flinching, that's not normal behaviour. 

No, spraying them in the face is not normal behaviour. It’s assault 

Not going by some of the comments on here - some folk think it’s okay to use your car to ram them so that says it all.

Interesting to see people on this thread raging at IB even though it in no way affects their day to day lives.

It’s upsetting all the right people. Gammon van drivers, psycho women in BMW’s and wee creeps with ink sprays. It’s only a matter of time before one of these protestors gets seriously hurt. The government and the media will continue to make the protestors out to look like the bad guys and the real criminals will be applauded by the idiotic British public for their ghastly actions.

Not going by some of the comments on here - some folk think it’s okay to use your car to ram them so that says it all.

Interesting to see people on this thread raging at IB even though it in no way affects their day to day lives.

It’s upsetting all the right people. Gammon van drivers, psycho women in BMW’s and wee creeps with ink sprays. It’s only a matter of time before one of these protestors gets seriously hurt. The government and the media will continue to make the protestors out to look like the bad guys and the real criminals will be applauded by the idiotic British public for their ghastly actions.
It's not okay to assault people or hit them with your car.

It's also not okay to stop people getting to and from their work.

One of them is a legitimate form of protest for a reason (whether you agree with the reason or not), the other is an entitled arsehole putting lives at risk.
Agreed, doesn't make it okay to stop people getting to work, alot of these people live payday to payday so it's a big deal if they can't get to work. It's fine for the WFH chaps on here making out these c***s are heros when their daily commute is from their bed to the home office.

I hate this "It's affecting folks livelihoods" patter.

Just take a different route. Ye'd think no-one who drives had ever found a road closed before. Folk don't expect broken down buses or fallen trees to get out of their way and it's pretty clear the protestor aint gonna do it. This is another case of motorists entitlement. They aren't just doing a three point turn and heading down a side street because they believe in their own exceptionalism and "I'll make them move for me" pish. They cannae handle naw winning.

23 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I hate this "It's affecting folks livelihoods" patter.

Just take a different route. Ye'd think no-one who drives had ever found a road closed before. Folk don't expect broken down buses or fallen trees to get out of their way and it's pretty clear the protestor aint gonna do it. This is another case of motorists entitlement. They aren't just doing a three point turn and heading down a side street because they believe in their own exceptionalism and "I'll make them move for me" pish. They cannae handle naw winning.

You ever seen how an accident that closes a road in London can snarl up the traffic for miles around?  It's not that simple I'm afraid.

21 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just take a different route

That's a ridiculous argument. Their presence isn't highlighted on gantries miles back - These dicks appear at traffic lights when the traffic is stopped. If they appear in front of you then you are stuck.

It is pretty simple. It's just a case of co-ordinating with other drivers. This just takes a little bit of time, effort and communication as opposed to sitting in the car pamping the horn and phoning talksport to complain. 
Do you drive?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
It is pretty simple. It's just a case of co-ordinating with other drivers. This just takes a little bit of time, effort and communication as opposed to sitting in the car pamping the horn and phoning talksport to complain. 

Do you drive?

Not if I can help it

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It can be quite difficult to persuade some drivers to reverse 3 feet into a rural passing place, so co-ordinating a couple of thousand raging commuters into a ten mile detour at the Dartford crossing sounds fanciful. 

Just now, coprolite said:

It can be quite difficult to persuade some drivers to reverse 3 feet into a rural passing place, 

This is the issue. Drivers are entitled shits. Passing information back til the nearest turn off and asking the drivers who are behind that turn off to wait until those in front can get out that way isn't a particularly difficult thing to do. It just needs one dickhead to stay where they are as a point of principal to f**k it up. 

This is the issue. Drivers are entitled shits. Passing information back til the nearest turn off and asking the drivers who are behind that turn off to wait until those in front can get out that way isn't a particularly difficult thing to do. It just needs one dickhead to stay where they are as a point of principal to f**k it up. 
I dont think anyone is arguing that a large proportion of drivers are absolute c***s but try getting an HGV to do a 3 point turn on a normal street.