St Johnstone vs Livingston 16/10/21

13 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Yeah I thought at the game that it was all on McCart - the pass must travel 15 yards before it hits McCart, and it was obviously the right pass to make. I’ve got no idea what McCart thought he was doing there.

You see him signal for the pass to go to Booth, who seems to be in acres of space on the left, and then turns just as Clark decides a 5 yard pass to McCart with a striker going full pelt is better than a 15 yard pass to Booth who's in space.

Felt a real lack of technical ability throughout the squad today. Every taking shite touches etc.,

13 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Yeah I thought at the game that it was all on McCart - the pass must travel 15 yards before it hits McCart, and it was obviously the right pass to make. I’ve got no idea what McCart thought he was doing there.

You see him signal for the pass to go to Booth, who seems to be in acres of space on the left, and then turns just as Clark decides a 5 yard pass to McCart with a striker going full pelt is better than a 15 yard pass to Booth who's in space.

Felt a real lack of technical ability throughout the squad today. Every taking shite touches etc.,

10 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I thought the same as Random. The pass to make was clearly to Booth, McCart wasn’t expecting it or even looking the right way. Also was McCart not in the box when Clark played it to him? Weird decision but Clark has probably earned a howler or two

Another brilliant save right at the start of the game from him too

11 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Also was McCart not in the box when Clark played it to him? 

Screenshot_20211016-203459_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fa1d10a0532f78f6f6bdf3eb005a5f72.jpg

Seems a crazy decision from Clark, when the attacker is so close. He compounds it by playing it behind McCart too.

Screenshot_20211016-203459_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fa1d10a0532f78f6f6bdf3eb005a5f72.jpg
Seems a crazy decision from Clark, when the attacker is so close. He compounds it by playing it behind McCart too.

IMG_2096.jpg

Maybe he’s trying to play it behind him so he can run onto it? And McCart panics, sticks a foot out and trips over so it goes in? First time to Booth not that easy a ball looking at that.

Obvs a mistake but I’m maybe starting to lean toward thinking it’s a misunderstanding more than anything else. And one caused by the (very good throughout) Livi press.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Fucking hell. We're seriously trying to blame Clark for that second goal...

They're both to blame. I was simply talking about Clark as people seemed to be trying to lay it all on McCart.

I'll be controversial and say the whole incident is avoided if Craig has the ability to use his right foot...

Clark is more to blame than McCart for me, but only just. It’s a poor pass to give him and he shouldn’t of put him in that position, but McCart should still deal with it. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say Liam Gordon makes McCart look better. He seems lost without him and I think it’s clear to see him and Ambrose can’t next to each other. Today also showed why O’Halloran is not a viable option at wingback, his positioning is awful. I won’t blame him for not taking on the fullback today as he clearly took a knock and wasn’t fit for 60 minutes of that match. Also agree with the comments regarding Craig, I think his days of starting games have gone, there’s a panic to his play this year that hasn’t been there previously. 

I think O’Halloran looked good at wingback while Rooney was on the pitch for obvious reasons: Rooney supported him and took some of the Livi attention by over and underlapping. Lars was solid enough at the back but wasn’t really keen to go forward at all - thinking about it maybe Muller might have been a better option.

But yeah after Rooney went off it was basically O’Halloran against two Livi players on the right the whole game, not surprised he couldn’t make much of an impact. We need the centre backs to be brave and offer support otherwise the system doesn’t really work. Off the top of my head can recall at least one occasion MOH went at his man, beat them but then still didn’t get a cross in because there was another yellow shirt to beat.

7 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I think O’Halloran looked good at wingback while Rooney was on the pitch for obvious reasons: Rooney supported him and took some of the Livi attention by over and underlapping. Lars was solid enough at the back but wasn’t really keen to go forward at all - thinking about it maybe Muller might have been a better option.

But yeah after Rooney went off it was basically O’Halloran against two Livi players on the right the whole game, not surprised he couldn’t make much of an impact. We need the centre backs to be brave and offer support otherwise the system doesn’t really work. Off the top of my head can recall at least one occasion MOH went at his man, beat them but then still didn’t get a cross in because there was another yellow shirt to beat.

RPPP.png.ec8bf8921a5ce06e98ea32187f3f8405.png

It's obvious Martindale has taken MY advice to get players up the park with every attack, the first 10 minutes of the game is the way to play, quick movement,passing,and decision making
The team as a whole looked more up for it, looked sharper, tracked better, less individual mistakes.

4-2-3-1

Stryjek   7/10  No bloopers ,great save from Kane.
Devlin    7/10  Better in first half
Fizzywater 6/10  Done ok, quiet in an effective way
Obileye   7/10  More alert today,and a flash of ball skill in first half
Penrice   3/10  Invisible  for long spells
Holt      6/10  Steady,played a more defensive roll
Omeonga   7/10  Good turn of pace,gets the team up the park quick,needs better control when on the ball, gets bit panicky 
Bailey    7/10  Good ball control and pace,tends to disappear for spells
Pittman   6/10  Eager,and lively,good bursting runs from deep,ball control still lets him down
Montaño   5/10  Good in patches,doesnt do enough overall
Anderson  7/10  Plays better when the team attack in numbers

Longridge  5/10 Quiet
Mc Millan  4/10 Didn't  do much
Sibbald     /  On to late to judge
Forrest   6/10   Lively good pressing and shot near end

You really are a not a representation of our club.Take your appraisals to wherever.Livi thoughrally deserved that,and you or whoever cant deny that.Its taken you nearly 5 hours to compile your drivel as usual.Hard core Livi fans dismiss your arrogant rantings as they should.Typical keyboard warrior looking for a response Congratulations you got mine.

I think while we were poor and full.of mistakes, fair play to Livi as they played well and capitalised on the mistakes we made. Killed the game when it needed it from their point of view and seemed the right subs to make at the right time. I actually thought Livi might have got a penalty in the 2nd half as looked like McCart hand balled, but somehow won a free kick! 

For Saints, unfortunately all the errors and concerns we could see coming all came in the same game. Central defence combination didn't work. Efe did what Efe is known for, strikers cannot score and Clark had a game like he was having a few years back. I'm not sure anyone gets a pass mark.

Let's hope it gets it out of the system and the players can pick themselves up. Hopefully Rooney's injury isn't too bad. Seemed to be more players than normal stepping on the ball. 

33 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Hopefully Rooney's injury isn't too bad. Seemed to be more players than normal stepping on the ball. 

It looked a bad one tbh.

4 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Today was all down to a shocking defensive performance – to the extent that it's hard to say whether Livingston played well or not. They were handed the game by horrible errors.

I love it when we don't even need to show up to stroll to a 3-0 win. Some team.