St Johnstone vs Livingston 16/10/21

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It's bad craic when you're looking forward to international breaks to see some success. The unshakeable hope that we'll come good that o usually kept for the national team is still there for Livi though....probably not this game

Aye never liked International breaks, fecking with our momentum and we usually played poorly in the first game back too, but this season they've been a welcoming break from league duty, both because we haven't got any momentum, unless losing games counts, and having 2 weeks off to get injured players back training and into the squad. Can't remember a season like this for injuries, as well as having to contend with covid and other illnesses.

Our luck has to change sometime, right?

Apparently Bartley may come in to play CB for this one. Will be interesting to see if it's Fitzwater or Obileye that gets dropped. Maybe we go with Obileye CDM instead?

Feel like we might see DM change the system up and actually go for something now that the pressure is on.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently Bartley may come in to play CB for this one. Will be interesting to see if it's Fitzwater or Obileye that gets dropped. Maybe we go with Obileye CDM instead?

Feel like we might see DM change the system up and actually go for something now that the pressure is on.

That would be a totally bizarre change would it not?!

For us it seems like MOH may have a knock. I’d probably start the same back five as against Dundee if I could - though I assume McCart comes back in for Dendoncker at the very least. Davidson returns - with Crawford out does he come straight back in? But then we miss a ball player in the centre. It’s nice to have options at least… Maybe Bryson if he’s also fit again?

Clark

Rooney Ambrose McCart

MOH (Any two of Craig, Bryson, Davidson and Wotherspoon I guess) Booth

Kane May Middleton

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

However he is doing at St Johnstone he just didn't look anywhere near good enough at that particular time at Livi, and would've needed a lot more time to get good enough. Although once we got shot of Miller and Holt got Lithgow back in the team Brown wouldn't have got near it, those back 3 players were immense for us.

For some reason Lithgow wasn't going to get a game under Miller, and even a player just in on loan got put straight into the team over him, and against Celtic away too, which was crazy, he looked so out of his depth in that game.

It may have been mentioned already but it was Steven Saunders who was picked over Lithgow in the back 3, not Brown.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

That would be a totally bizarre change would it not?!

For us it seems like MOH may have a knock. I’d probably start the same back five as against Dundee if I could - though I assume McCart comes back in for Dendoncker at the very least. Davidson returns - with Crawford out does he come straight back in? But then we miss a ball player in the centre. It’s nice to have options at least… Maybe Bryson if he’s also fit again?

Clark

Rooney Ambrose McCart

MOH (Any two of Craig, Bryson, Davidson and Wotherspoon I guess) Booth

Kane May Middleton

Way i read it Marv was coming into the squad as back up, don't think he'll be playing unless Obileye or Fitzwater get injured, but you never know with Martindale, remember he moved Marv over to the wing to man mark Rooney in the cup final.

18 hours ago, ATLIS said:

This was a bit optimistic. Looks like the usual 4-3-3.

Worst part about our poor start to the season is that looks like a good team on paper, but you just know the defence will look unorganised and we'll be shelling long balls up to Anderson. 

Clark

MOH - Rooney - Ambrose - McCart - Booth

MacPherson - Craig - Wotherspoon 

Kane - May

For us. MacPherson with a chance to show why Davidson has so much faith in him. Surprised to see Wotherspoon start tbh, suspect he wouldn't have if Crawford is fit maybe? 

Middleton and Vertainen on the bench gives us good options.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:
Don't like that team at all. Think we will lose without scoring.

Tell us more

Haha yes, terrible shout from me. We look really good going forward, that was a really nice goal.