St Johnstone vs Livingston 16/10/21

Pittman, Jacobs, Sibbald, Kabia, and Barden back training this week, might see a couple of them coming on as a 2nd half sub. Would wrap Sibbs up in cotton wool for a couple of weeks yet though, he's had a torrid time this season with injuries and covid, too soon to risk him playing yet. Would be great if Kabia could get a run out though, always lively and a good option from the bench to cause problems for St Johnstone.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd rather play Dendoncker than Muller, if we're moving Rooney back to RWB.

6 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I edited Brown in, apparently fit. and I'd rather him than either. 

Dendoncker got plaudits after his debut but I think he looked quite ropey at times, in keeping with it being his senior debut. 

Although brown has been good at CB I feel like there is a bit of RG Hendry unsustainability about it, it feels like he's been playing at 110% of his capability, compared to Muller and Dendoncker currently at 60-70% of theirs. 

Muller for me

7 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Dendoncker got plaudits after his debut but I think he looked quite ropey at times, in keeping with it being his senior debut. 

Although brown has been good at CB I feel like there is a bit of RG Hendry unsustainability about it, it feels like he's been playing at 110% of his capability, compared to Muller and Dendoncker currently at 60-70% of theirs. 

Muller for me

Its probably harsh but for me Muller plays himself out the team every time he plays. It's pretty much all inexperience so if you stuck by him he'll get through it, but when he's a loanee is it worth it?

Dendoncker could be the same and looked a bit nervous v Dundee, but settled well and I think is one we're more likely to get in the Summer if wanted.

I'm still not sure what to make of Brown.

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pittman, Jacobs, Sibbald, Kabia, and Barden back training this week, might see a couple of them coming on as a 2nd half sub. Would wrap Sibbs up in cotton wool for a couple of weeks yet though, he's had a torrid time this season with injuries and covid, too soon to risk him playing yet. Would be great if Kabia could get a run out though, always lively and a good option from the bench to cause problems for St Johnstone.

Barden is back to Norwich. Parkes is the other player back in training.

13 hours ago, mizfit said:

I may need to self isolate depending on my girlfriends Covid test. Is it as simple as logging onto Saints Tv to watch it?

You might be best to contact the SLO as my understanding from what i was told in the summer was that season ticket passes should only work when you let the club know you cannot attend. The theory was to protect revenue although im not sure if that has ever been put in practice. (so your ticket would either work at the ground or at your home but not both)

9 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Muller for me

I think what is clear that despite our fears earlier in the season, we now have real options in defence. Must make it tricky for an opposition manager to pin down what our side will look like.

For me, I think currently the strongest back 3 is Gordon, Ambrose and McCart and so Davidson may look at what is available and be assuming that when Gordon is back he will slot straight in, so for me, the most Gordon like player is probably Muller although it's difficult to tell on Dendonker as we haven't seen him enough.

Brown for me is a decent right back, but as you say, seems like it is taking everything to be at the level of others at CB.

Given Spoony may not play, I wonder whether Davidson might be tempted with MOH at wingback again to give is that bit of something different owing forward, which pushes Rooney back into CD.

Great to have the multiple options.

You might be best to contact the SLO as my understanding from what i was told in the summer was that season ticket passes should only work when you let the club know you cannot attend. The theory was to protect revenue although im not sure if that has ever been put in practice. (so your ticket would either work at the ground or at your home but not both)

I’ve spoken to her already. Been rather fortunate in the fact that she’s been pinged while working away from home and isn’t able to leave her work until she gets a negative PCR. So at this rate I’m getting a long weekend of peace and quiet.

10 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Muller for me

Is that the same James Brown we had on loan when Kenny Miller signed him, think his agent was a pal of Miller's and we sent him straight back to Millwall when Miller was punted. Wasn't very good at Livi, just shows how a player can be shite at one club and turn out good at another.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is that the same James Brown we had on loan when Kenny Miller signed him, think his agent was a pal of Miller's and we sent him straight back to Millwall when Miller was punted. Wasn't very good at Livi, just shows how a player can be shite at one club and turn out good at another.

Yes. The lad was only 19 when he was at Livi, made one appearance and was being managed by Kenny Miller.  He's more mature and experienced now and managed by Callum Davidson. 

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wasn't very good at Livi, just shows how a player can be shite at one club and turn out good at another.

He played 60 minutes for Livingston.

Away to Celtic.

When Kenny Miller was manager.

Absolutely wild to claim he was "shite" based on that tbh.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He played 60 minutes for Livingston.

Away to Celtic.

When Kenny Miller was manager.

Absolutely wild to claim he was "shite" based on that tbh.

He looked like a fish out of water, completely out of his depth, shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place, and yet was prefered by Miller over Lithgow, who had been brilliant for us in the Gallagher-Halkett-Lithgow back three. I think that more than anything else pissed Livi fans off, and a major factor in deciding Brown wasn't good enough.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He looked like a fish out of water, completely out of his depth, shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place, and yet was prefered by Miller over Lithgow, who had been brilliant for us in theP Gallagher-Halkett-Lithgow back three. I think that more than anything else pissed Livi fans off, and a major factor in deciding Brown wasn't good enough.

"Prefered"? For sixty minutes? Get a grip 😂😂

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He looked like a fish out of water, completely out of his depth, shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place, and yet was prefered by Miller over Lithgow, who had been brilliant for us in the Gallagher-Halkett-Lithgow back three. I think that more than anything else pissed Livi fans off, and a major factor in deciding Brown wasn't good enough.

He doesn't look like a professional footballer playing for us, but oddly has been excellent, just, as per my post above, he seems to be obtaining excellence through visibly having the game of his life all the time rather than looking a natural. Compared to the other two who still look like professional defenders even when mucking up and playing worse than Brown has been. 

The above is insanely harsh on Brown given the performances he's put in, but there's just something about the way plays football that still looks a bit like the fish out of water you describe. It's something about the way he carries himself 

Edited by FrankChickens1

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

"Prefered"? For sixty minutes? Get a grip 😂😂

Have i pissed on your chips or something?

However he is doing at St Johnstone he just didn't look anywhere near good enough at that particular time at Livi, and would've needed a lot more time to get good enough. Although once we got shot of Miller and Holt got Lithgow back in the team Brown wouldn't have got near it, those back 3 players were immense for us.

For some reason Lithgow wasn't going to get a game under Miller, and even a player just in on loan got put straight into the team over him, and against Celtic away too, which was crazy, he looked so out of his depth in that game.

17 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

He doesn't look like a professional footballer playing for us, but oddly has been excellent, just, as per my post above, he seems to be obtaining excellence through visibly having the game of his life all the time rather than looking a natural. Compared to the other two who still look like professional defenders even when mucking up and playing worse than Brown has been. 

The above is insanely harsh on Brown given the performances he's put in, but there's just something about the way plays football that still looks a bit like the fish out of water you describe. It's something about the way he carries himself 

Fair enough, that sounds a good description, prob as much Miller's fault for playing him straight in the door against Celtic at Parkheid, and in a way that invited pressure onto our defenders, trying to play it out from the back, threw him to the wolves in that game and he looked dreadful.