Table topping Rangers vs Undefeated Hearts

We genuinely look a decent team at the minute, and have real options off the bench, should have Souttar back too.

I think we can give ourselves a chance here, but the main thing  I'm hoping for is that we don't go there and shit the bed. Rangers haven't clicked at all this season,  we can get something if we turn up. Just don't go 10 men behind the ball and play for a point. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-update-rangers-a

The Club can confirm that tickets will be made available to Hearts supporters for our cinch Premiership fixture away to Rangers later this month.

Robbie and the boys head to Ibrox for a 3pm kick-off on Saturday 16th October and Hearts have received an away ticket allocation totalling 916 tickets.

Further information on tickets and how to buy will be released in the coming days.

On 04/10/2021 at 20:46, AJF said:

I just hope Hearts are more gracious in defeat, should Rangers win, than their neighbours across the city.

Oh we will be we have a realism about our teams  ability unlike them we know the points are not up for grabs but earned and we know we are not over hyping the team again unlike the on the slide thugs  operating from Easter Road.

13 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Oh we will be we have a realism about our teams  ability unlike them we know the points are not up for grabs but earned and we know we are not over hyping the team again unlike the on the slide thugs  operating from Easter Road.

f**k realism! 

Robbie Neilson is a football genius. Beni Baningime is the best player in Europe. Peter Haring is the greatest Austrian since Mozart and  the only way we could possibly fail to win at Ibrox would be a dark conspiracy involving the SFA, the Chinese government, the mafia and the Brownies (But not necessarily in that order)

On 04/10/2021 at 14:26, GroundHoppingBear said:

No one had beaten Hibs until they came to Ibrox. Where your fairytale ends (hopefully).

FWIW I completely agree with you about the coverage and the away fans situation. However, Rangers and C****c are in a tricky and unique spot due to the amount of season ticket holders. Those comparing it to our fans going to other grounds is a false equivalence.

How old are you?

On 04/10/2021 at 21:42, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Provided Robbie doesn't absolutely bottle it like he did at Celtic Park in the LC, then I fancy us quite strongly to get something

He’s added Devlin, McKay and Moore since then. I reckon McKay will really help us drive forward against them. We got absolutely hounded by Kyogo at CP, and Smith had no real help in getting forwards. As long as the ref doesn’t send Devlin off, then our midfield should be competitive v them at the very least. 

12 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

There's plenty of realism from us these days. I see no reason why we can't finish 2nd.😏

So far there is signs there that another team are capable of at least putting down a challenge this season . Right now both Edinburgh clubs are in a good position but Hearts seem to have a bit more depth to their squad 

Celtic seem to have a strong attack particularly when Kyogo is fit but are just as fucked at the back as last season  . On a football basis alone and trying not to include my obvious bias I think their defence is going to cost them this season and be there downfall. I don’t see Celtic’s current set up at the back as a title winning defence. Their mantra of if the opposition score two they will try and score 3 sounds good and exciting but reality is if you want to win a title you really need a solid and reliable defence.

We haven’t really got going while still grinding out the wins. I do think if we go up a gear and rekindle some of last seasons form we could pull away but there is no guarantee that will happen . But for it to Happen I think we need to find a settled 11 and pretty soon rather than the chopping and changing we have seen so far although Covid and injuries have played their part in that. 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

So far there is signs there that another team are capable of at least putting down a challenge this season . Right now both Edinburgh clubs are in a good position but Hearts seem to have a bit more depth to their squad 

Celtic seem to have a strong attack particularly when Kyogo is fit but are just as fucked at the back as last season  . On a football basis alone and trying not to include my obvious bias I think their defence is going to cost them this season and be there downfall. I don’t see Celtic’s current set up at the back as a title winning defence. Their mantra of if the opposition score two they will try and score 3 sounds good and exciting but reality is if you want to win a title you really need a solid and reliable defence.

We haven’t really got going while still grinding out the wins. I do think if we go up a gear and rekindle some of last seasons form we could pull away but there is no guarantee that will happen . But for it to Happen I think we need to find a settled 11 and pretty soon rather than the chopping and changing we have seen so far although Covid and injuries have played their part in that. 

<sends greenie through gritted teeth>

27 minutes ago, woolf said:

The important question here is,who is the referee and how staunch is he?

We’re just waiting til after tonight’s lodge meeting to see who is available, then we’ll announce it.