Table topping Rangers vs Undefeated Hearts

Rangers sit top of the league but nobody has beaten Hearts. one of those facts is probably going to change it's undoubtedly match of the day and live on Sky Sports is showing Aberdeen vs Dundee?

Oh well, I don't normally do away games but maybe it's worth spending the afternoon trekking through to the west for this one... what's that? No Away fans? Well I'll follow the radio coverage from BBC's team at Ibro... oh hang on .....

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Your "problem" is the BBC running this sort of stuff, 8 games into the season.

zpnUahJ.png

Any old hand will know the minute some light is shined on a non-OF challenge to the top of the league, that team almost immediately falters.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

one of those facts is probably going to change it's undoubtedly match of the day and live on Sky Sports is showing Aberdeen vs Dundee?

Eh? I thought we changed our start time for American television, not Sky Sports.

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Rangers sit top of the league but nobody has beaten Hearts. one of those facts is probably going to change it's undoubtedly match of the day and live on Sky Sports is showing Aberdeen vs Dundee?

Oh well, I don't normally do away games but maybe this one's worth spending the afternoon trekking through to the west for this one... what's that? No Away fans? Well I'll follow the radio coverage from BBC's team at Ibro... oh hang on .....

No one had beaten Hibs until they came to Ibrox. Where your fairytale ends (hopefully).

FWIW I completely agree with you about the coverage and the away fans situation. However, Rangers and C****c are in a tricky and unique spot due to the amount of season ticket holders. Those comparing it to our fans going to other grounds is a false equivalence.

5 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

No one had beaten Hibs until they came to Ibrox. Where your fairytale ends (hopefully).

FWIW I completely agree with you about the coverage and the away fans situation. However, Rangers and C****c are in a tricky and unique spot due to the amount of season ticket holders. Those comparing it to our fans going to other grounds is a false equivalence.

You saying Rangers can't give away fans a few hundred tickets? They were willing to give celtic tickets if the reciprocated so that's obviously bullshit. 

Just now, Aylo vanal said:

You saying Rangers can't give away fans a few hundred tickets? They were willing to give celtic tickets if the reciprocated so that's obviously bullshit. 

No I agree. We should be able to accommodate it somehow. But it is a bit more tricky than giving us tickets for a ground that is going to have a stand or two empty anyway.

Away fans deserve to see their team. That's an issue beyond Scottish football pettiness. 

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Your "problem" is the BBC running this sort of stuff, 8 games into the season.

zpnUahJ.png

Any old hand will know the minute some light is shined on a non-OF challenge to the top of the league, that team almost immediately falters.

That's an illusion

These articles appear around the end of September whenever you're on a bit of a run. Sometimes when things do go wrong it's in October, sometimes not till November or December in 1998 it was April. In 2015 It didn't go wrong at all (although we didn't have to worry about Celtic that time)

Generally it's a relative lack of strength in depth that does it and the last time we started well it turned out that absolutely everything rested on the integrity of Stevie Naismith's aging knee.

This Hearts squad looks a bit deeper. GMS, Ginnelly & Haliday all started in the win against Celtic but they were on the bench against Motherwell  so we shouldn't fall from grace quite as spectacularly but will probably falter at some point

But if you worry about falling off the surf board you never really enjoy being on it

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

No I agree. We should be able to accommodate it somehow. But it is a bit more tricky than giving us tickets for a ground that is going to have a stand or two empty anyway.

Away fans deserve to see their team. That's an issue beyond Scottish football pettiness. 

It's not tricky and tbh it's a bit arrogant to suggest you shouldn't get the favour returned. 

I think if we aren't given tickets then we shouldn't be letting your fans in. 

2 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

It's not tricky and tbh it's a bit arrogant to suggest you shouldn't get the favour returned. 

I think if we aren't given tickets then we shouldn't be letting your fans in. 

I agree with you. I'm saying we should be letting away fans in but we are already having to move ST holders because of this pathetic 'red zone'. So it would involve even more fans being that have already paid being inconvenienced. Are Hearts season ticket holders already having to be relocated due to the restrictions? Genuine question btw.

Edited by GroundHoppingBear

Just now, GroundHoppingBear said:

I agree with you. I'm saying we should be letting away fans in but we are already having to move ST holders because of this pathetic 'red zone'. So it would involve them having to be relocated elsewhere. Are Hearts season ticket holders already having to be relocated due to the restrictions? Genuine question btw.

Yeah the red zones have effected us too. Bizarrely my friend has been in every stand this season as they are being relocated weekly rather than a semi permanent seat. 

1 minute ago, Aylo vanal said:

Yeah the red zones have effected us too. Bizarrely my friend has been in every stand this season as they are being relocated weekly rather than a semi permanent seat. 

That's ridiculous. I would prefer away fans as it just seems 'right' to me. But, I can understand some fans being frustrated if they were moved from a seat they had paid a hefty sum for, to accomodate opposition fans.

9 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

That's ridiculous. I would prefer away fans as it just seems 'right' to me. But, I can understand some fans being frustrated if they were moved from a seat they had paid a hefty sum for, to accomodate opposition fans.

I suppose they are being moved for the nonsense red zones rather than opposition fans. If rangers turned round and said we only have 48k seats and 48k season ticket holders I'd say fair enough. It's not the case though and they seem to be trying to go tit for tat with the other lot.

1 minute ago, Aylo vanal said:

I suppose they are being moved for the nonsense red zones rather than opposition fans. If rangers turned round and said we only have 48k seats and 48k season ticket holders I'd say fair enough. It's not the case though and they seem to be trying to go tit for tat with the other lot.

They've got 45000 St holders age an away 'end' that holds about 800, so exactly, even with Red zones they are at it.

We're going to need to be much better than we've been performing recently. Up against the only undefeated side and a side that actually have some options off the bench as well. Arguably our biggest domestic test so far.

7 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

They've got 45000 St holders age an away 'end' that holds about 800, so exactly, even with Red zones they are at it.

Evidenced by the fact Andrew McKinley says Rangers have intimated they will look at giving us an allocation.  If it was genuinely down to red zones they'd not be contemplating it.

34 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Agree that we're at it here, I wonder if teams will do the same to us in the next round of games?

A few hundred away fans in 51,000 capacity stadium shouldn't be an issue. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Agree that we're at it here, I wonder if teams will do the same to us in the next round of games?

A few hundred away fans in 51,000 capacity stadium shouldn't be an issue. 

Rangers will, probably rightly, be gambling that teams want the guaranteed cash from away fans.  If Hearts or Hibs are still near the top come the next games they might well at least cut Rangers allocation if there's enough appetite from the home fans.