Downdee v Aberdown 16/10/21

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

See where we are at the end of October.

4 more defeats and serious questions will have to be asked.

Does the fact we're 3 months into the season with his own squad and we're sitting ninth having lost 4 in a row when we should have picked up 7/8 points not give you cause for concern?

Would you like Jimmy McPake to take the reigns? 

Just seen McPake's interview on Sportscene and he looked absolutely haggard. Had a thousand yard stare worse than mine after the third St Johnstone goal.

Yesterday's atrocity had a sort of watershed moment feel to it, and he knows he a needs a huge reaction from the players against Aberdeen. It'll be really interesting to see if he can achieve it. They ought to be really hurting after yesterday, and I'd love to see us come out and make a proper, high octane, in-your-face start to try and get the crowd back onside.

What will actually happen, of course, is that we'll pass the ball around the back a few times and then repeatedly belt it over Paul McGowan's baldy pate. 

Edited by Meadow_Jock

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

See where we are at the end of October.

4 more defeats and serious questions will have to be asked.

Does the fact we're 3 months into the season with his own squad and we're sitting ninth having lost 4 in a row when we should have picked up 7/8 points not give you cause for concern?

Of course I’m concerned, but my point was that sacking the manager when he’s, in relative terms, just through the door, is not on for me. I read loads of fans who wanted rid of McInnes saying that they were willing to go through a season of pain to get things right. Well, it’s time to act on these words and give Stephen Glass a real chance here.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Of course I’m concerned, but my point was that sacking the manager when he’s, in relative terms, just through the door, is not on for me. I read loads of fans who wanted rid of McInnes saying that they were willing to go through a season of pain to get things right. Well, it’s time to act on these words and give Stephen Glass a real chance here.

I wasn't one of them.

Stephen Glass should consider himself lucky he's not at Watford...

I predict a turgid, attrititonal 0-0 draw between two square footed teams. Chances at a premium. NHS Tayside buses in some insomnia patients from across the region whose co-ordinated relieved snoring drowns out the discontent from both sets of fans.

Both managers to make pompous statements afterwards using terms like "process", "narrative" and "identity" which reveals them to have the sort of grasp on reality more normally associated with a jailed ex-dictator in solitary confinement.

Willie Miller to sound fairly disappointed on Sportsound.

7 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I predict a turgid, attrititonal 0-0 draw between two square footed teams. Chances at a premium. NHS Tayside buses in some insomnia patients from across the region whose co-ordinated relieved snoring drowns out the discontent from both sets of fans.

Both managers to make pompous statements afterwards using terms like "process", "narrative" and "identity" which reveals them to have the sort of grasp on reality more normally associated with a jailed ex-dictator in solitary confinement.

Willie Miller to sound fairly disappointed on Sportsound.

Is that not normal?