Downdee v Aberdown 16/10/21

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The incident starts because your player thinks he's billy big bollocks. Managers and staff time and again leave the ball.

You are just going to come on here and lie.

Mcpake had the ball in his hands and threw it back into the dugout. He did not "leave the ball"

And when the Aberdeen player went in to get the ball some bellend started kicking at his hands. then they shoved him over

I may be insane, and I know many Scots like to talk down our game, but... was that not a decent game for a neutral if they stumbled upon it watching from the States?

3 second half goals, some decent skill shown in each.

Driving Scottish rain under the lights on a gorgeous pitch with a lively home crowd and good away support.

Players carted off (very troubling for us as Byrne has been really good this year at what he does, and he's a solid character), another player wearing a mummy bandage on his head adding to the spectacle.

Red cards for a coach and a manager, rammy's on the Dundee bench, players in each others faces.

11 minutes injury time.

As a Dee fan I watched the game with my hand over my eyes half the time as even when we went up 2-0 I knew it would be nervy and we'd probably give up a silly goal - shouldn't Legzdins being doing better cutting that out before it gets to Ramirez?

Regardless it was pretty entertaining, no, yes??

11 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I may be insane, and I know many Scots like to talk down our game, but... was that not a decent game for a neutral if they stumbled upon it watching from the States?

Driving Scottish rain under the lights on a gorgeous pitch with a lively home crowd and good away support.

Players carted off (very troubling for us as Byrne has been really good this year at what he does, and he's a solid character), another player wearing a mummy bandage on his head adding to the spectacle.

Red cards for a coach and a manager, rammy's on the Dundee bench, players in each others faces.

11 minutes injury time.

As a Dee fan I watched the game with my hand over my eyes half the time as even when we went up 2-0 I knew it would be nervy and we'd probably give up a silly goal - shouldn't Legzdins being doing better cutting that out before it gets to Ramirez?

Absolutely... if they turned the game on for the 2nd half. 1st half was pretty dire, the highlight being Adam handing Brown his arse on a plate, though I doubt your average Yankee viewer would get much from that. 2nd half had it all tbh in terms of what you look for as a neutral, perfect example of Scottish football's mix of immense passion and lack of quality/unpredictability which makes it so worth watching.

If it convinced one American viewer to keep their eye out for Scottish games in future, it was a success imo.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

11 minutes injury time.

Any neutral watching that beyond half time would have to have been tied to their chair with their eyes glued open. 

Don't disagree about the second half tho. 

5 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Mcpake had the ball in his hands and threw it back into the dugout. He did not "leave the ball"

And when the Aberdeen player went in to get the ball some bellend started kicking at his hands. then they shoved him over

Lot of shite.

12 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

No bottom went straight down , no play offs , you did get a play off after being second bottom and beat I think airdrie in the play offs 

No they didn't. The league was going from 10 to 12. The division 1 winners were coming straight up and 10th was to play a round robin playoff against 2nd and 3rd in Div 1. The top 2 in that round robin would play in the top flight with the bottom team playing in the first division. It is more accurate to say that Dunfermline got automatic promotion because of Falkirk's issues than to say we avoided relegation. 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The incident starts because your player thinks he's billy big bollocks. Managers and staff time and again leave the ball.

That’s a more than interesting take on what happened. I thought that I was the most biased poster on here.

McPake is clearly following good COVID practice and realises in the heat of the moment that the Aberdeen loon shouldn’t be picking up a potentially contaminated ball. Case dismissed.

Where is@DeeMan ?

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Can things get any worse than getting beaten by Dundee at Dens in the league? For us that’s the lowest of the low, and that’s how I felt leaving the ground tonight.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Love to hear it.

It's not a compliment...

26 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

So was that guy Bates. He must have played for Rangers reserves at some point in his career.

It shows how bad we were then that Bates was a standout in the team.