Downdee v Aberdown 16/10/21

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Big fan of this new-look, 'absolutely fucking shite' Aberdeen side.

Second half more than made up for how turgid the first half was, tremendous experience to get the first win of the season. Feel like we've paid a hefty price for it, hoping Byrne's injury wasn't as bad as it looked and Griffiths hobbling at the end of the game. A real togetherness in the squad at the end though, love to see it.

In any case, first league win over the mob from the northeast since I was 5 wasn't too bad.

I'm glad you won, cause an unbeaten Hearts against a winless bottom of the table Dundee was only ever ending one way

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Looks on to me. Griffiths is very good at that run.  But now he's not got the pace to get away from people I don't get why you'd try and step up with your back turned to the striker rather than track him.

David Bates was easily the worst player on the park tonight and there was a good few that would've normally been a contender.

Horrific.

So tiresome from fans of other clubs chipping in with you wanted rid of Mcinnes blah blah blah and mocking where we are now.

Agree  with other dons fans who have already said, his time was up.He took us as far as he could and i would shake his hand and thank him if ever crossed paths.

We were stagnant and frankly boring to watch and the decision to replace WAS THE CORRECT one.

His replacement and how it came about stinks and if this is not rectified soon by that Atlanta loving socceroo fantasy football chairman of ours then relegation is a very real probability.

Summary getting a new manager in CORRECT decision.

Glass as his replacement WRONG decision.

OVER TO YOU CORMACK YA p***k.

28 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Spouting this pish time and time again still doesn't make it true.

It’s true though you were bottom that season , and the first season of the ten team league you finished the same points as Dundee and Utd and stayed up on goal difference , along with Celtic your the only team never to have been relegated, maybe this will finally be your year , 

An ordinary ref that's just your average Scottish shite, keeps that game ticking over with a few fans grumbling about decisions here and decisions there and venting on threads like these in the aftermath of the game. He was truly pathetic though. Completely lost control of the game and just allowed it to spiral.

Colin Steven - Shouldn't be in charge of a top flight game again after that performance.

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

It’s true though you were bottom that season , and the first season of the ten team league you finished the same points as Dundee and Utd and stayed up on goal difference , along with Celtic your the only team never to have been relegated, maybe this will finally be your year , 

We were bottom but would have had to play Falkirk in a playoff. We had already beaten them that season in the league cup. 

ETa. And Rangers were not relegated. They died.

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

An ordinary ref that's just your average Scottish shite, keeps that game ticking over with a few fans grumbling about decisions here and decisions there and venting on threads like these in the aftermath of the game. He was truly pathetic though. Completely lost control of the game and just allowed it to spiral.

Colin Young - Shouldn't be in charge of a top flight game again after that performance.

It's not even the big decisions that bother me. It's the inconsistency with the niggly fouls that winds up players and supporters 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aberdeen fans are a good bunch. Never seen 'self policing' like it. My mates pubs remained pretty much unscathed. Good c***s. 

Presuming this is sarcasm?

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aberdeen fans are a good bunch. Never seen 'self policing' like it. My mates pubs remained pretty much unscathed. Good c***s. 

They are in general good c***s, however, growing up in Aberdeen, it feels sooo good getting one up on them.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I get the feeling that this thread is a combination of people half heartedly trying to dig up controversy in a game where there was none because that's the P&B way, and Dundee fans laughing at Aberdeen, but slightly nervously because they're still really worried and aren't really comfortable or used to ripping the pish out of anybody.

Much like the game, this thread has turned out a bit second rate and an all-round disappointment. 

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Presuming this is sarcasm?

Nope. One bus went to one mates pub "these 4 have been on it all night, f**k them off" then a load of bother in city centre and Aberdeen fans stopped the other Aberdeen fans being arseholes.

Gid c***s. 

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

We were bottom but would have had to play Falkirk in a playoff. We had already beaten them that season in the league cup. 

ETa. And Rangers were not relegated. They died.

No bottom went straight down , no play offs , you did get a play off after being second bottom and beat I think airdrie in the play offs 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I get the feeling that this thread is a combination of people half heartedly trying to dig up controversy in a game where there was none because that's the P&B way, and Dundee fans laughing at Aberdeen, but slightly nervously because they're still really worried and aren't really comfortable or used to ripping the pish out of anybody.

Much like the game, this thread has turned out a bit second rate and an all-round disappointment. 

We all knew that when Charlie Adam was back we'd be dishing out more telts. Worried about the void left by Shaun Byrne though. We're fragile in defence as it is without losing our 'screen' type player.