Downdee v Aberdown 16/10/21

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, the argument was that mcinnes’ time was up, regardless of if we made a complete tit of the next appointment (we did). 

Appointing a bad manager doesn’t make it the wrong decision to part ways. 

Don't we know it my man, our John Nelms' has it down to an extreme fine art.

I'd still have Derek McInnes at Dens in a shot if I'm honest and be very grateful.

Regards

Just now, This Charming Man said:

Don't we know it my man, our John Nelms' has it down to an extreme fine art.

I'd still have Derek McInnes at Dens in a shot if I'm honest and be very grateful.

Regards

Dereks a good manager and if he gets another job in Scotland I’d expect him to do well. 

He was a good manager for us, I was a big fan but it came to a natural end. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Both, IMO.

Fair enough if that was your view at the time, but I'm not sure that sentiment about McInnes's departure was as widespread as you are perhaps suggesting.

I think the decisions to remove McInnes and hire Glass should be viewed with a degree of isolation. Just like I thought it was the right time for Calderwood to move on, I suppose, and his successor being a dud didn't change my feelings on that.  

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Dereks a good manager and if he gets another job in Scotland I’d expect him to do well. 

He was a good manager for us, I was a big fan but it came to a natural end. 

If there was a manager who could give us what Derek did in his first season available tomorrow I'd have him.

Unfortunately, as time goes on the manager finds success harder to come by and is then about trying to keep his job than do anything ambitious. Happens to most. I'd expt Derek to do well wherever he ends up next.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Fair enough if that was your view at the time, but I'm not sure that sentiment about McInnes's departure was as widespread as you are perhaps suggesting.

I think the decisions to remove McInnes and hire Glass should be viewed with a degree of isolation. Just like I thought it was the right time for Calderwood to move on, I suppose, and his successor being a dud didn't change my feelings on that.  

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You need to understand what synonym means. I'll give you a clue, it doesn't mean exactly the same word repeated.

I do understand what a synonym is. I was trying to point out that the correct word is minuscule, and that the word miniscule is incorrect.  Petty perhaps, but we must protect our precious linguistic heritage.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake should hopefully get his red overturned. Had no involvement in the incident whatsoever.

Agreed, not sure why he actually got sent off bit it wasn’t the cleverest move from McPake.  The ball came towards him but instead of just letting the ball pass him he grabs it briefly before throwing it behind himself.  It’s almost as if McPake can’t think quickly enough.  Imagine that.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Agreed, not sure why he actually got sent off bit it wasn’t the cleverest move from McPake.  The ball came towards him but instead of just letting the ball pass him he grabs it briefly before throwing it behind himself.  It’s almost as if McPake can’t think quickly enough.  Imagine that.

good a bit of shithousing opposition players from our bench is to be applauded.

Big fan of this new-look, 'absolutely fucking shite' Aberdeen side.

Second half more than made up for how turgid the first half was, tremendous experience to get the first win of the season. Feel like we've paid a hefty price for it, hoping Byrne's injury wasn't as bad as it looked and Griffiths hobbling at the end of the game. A real togetherness in the squad at the end though, love to see it.

In any case, first league win over the mob from the northeast since I was 5 wasn't too bad.

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

What exactly is Bates trying to achieve at the first goal?

It looked a mile off. If it's not then that usually means a defender has went to sleep when the strikers made a great run.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

He threw the ball away instead of giving it back.

Hardly a red card offence though. 

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

good a bit of shithousing opposition players from our bench is to be applauded.

I prefer the ‘letting the ball go past me then taking a slight step to the right’ to prevent the opposition player getting the ball.  It’s a bit more subtle and it’s harder to prove any wrongdoing.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

It looked a mile off. If it's not then that usually means a defender has went to sleep when the strikers made a great run.

Hardly a red card offence though. 

Looks on to me. Griffiths is very good at that run.  But now he's not got the pace to get away from people I don't get why you'd try and step up with your back turned to the striker rather than track him.