Downdee v Aberdown 16/10/21

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Believe it or not, it’s not a straight choice between Derek Mcinnes and Stephen glass. 

No, but the post read as you had to get rid of McInnes regardless of who the next manager was, that anyone was preferable to him. Not sure why that's the case.

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

No, but the post read as you had to get rid of McInnes regardless of who the next manager was, that anyone was preferable to him. Not sure why that's the case.

No, the argument was that mcinnes’ time was up, regardless of if we made a complete tit of the next appointment (we did). 

Appointing a bad manager doesn’t make it the wrong decision to part ways. 

6 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

So you're happier with Glass?

I'm at the same place I was back in February. The manager needs to go.

If McInnes was here then MacKenzie would be playing elsewhere and Ramsay would be on loan in the Championship.

That's seven figures worth of reasons why it's a good thing he's gone for a start.

5 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

No you’ll get bailed out again , just like when you got to stay up due to Falkirk not having a 10k stadium 

Aye, that was quite the machiavellian piece of work on our part.

25 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Nice to see that the fans of other clubs who spent years telling us that McInnes was actually shite have suddenly decided that McInnes was actually good.

I think you'll find that loads of fans pointed out this moronic gamble at the time of punting McInnes.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What the f**k is this?

Many of us said McInnes has to go and that the next five managers may be crap. You still have to make that initial decision.

We'd long passed our peak under Derek.

So you were happy to get rid of McInnes even if the next five managers turned out to be shite? Was it personal?

Glass just saying that Gordon Marshall got sent off for defending a player involved in our dugout despite the fact he was sent off about 10 minutes before that. 

He then had a bizarre pop at McPake saying that, -despite being sent off, I seen him again after the game'.

Bizarre.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

So you were happy to get rid of McInnes even if the next five managers turned out to be shite? Was it personal?

So do you carry on with a manager who's long past his best because he used to do a really good job?

Every managerial appointment is a big gamble.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So do you carry on with a manager who's long past his best because he used to do a really good job?

Every managerial appointment is a big gamble.

We are probably miles off in the reality of miles past his best.  Fortunately not my concern.