Downdee v Aberdown 16/10/21

15 hours ago, johnnydun said:

With the whole point of the kick off time, to get some kind of gauge on the worldwide audience potential. Has this been advertised on US TV at all? @AmericanFan.

Little to none, unfortunately. But that channel isn't a massive one to begin with.

My suggestion would be to try midweek matches Sept. through November/December if the SPFL is trying to get some views over here as going up against American university football on Saturdays is a tough fight. Saturday matches in August and late January through May would be fine.

Actually it was silly of me to add Stephen Glass in with McPake's situation. Must've got carried away with some of the Aberdeen clowns on here.

The facts are Stephen Glass is just in the door and can't be judged yet. Especially as i've seen their last two defeats and they've been far from dreadful. They were dominating St MIrren and looked like the only side going on to win it before getting a silly red card. Celtic got a late goal in a game where Aberdeen battled well. 

As for Dundee we have a manager who is slipping back into mistakes that have been going on for over a year. If Aberdeen play as they have in the last two games they are more than favourites for this game.

Aberdeen fans making out they are going to get relegated after a late concession to Celtic and a sending off is dramatic. Roll on the comments of 'you'll be getting relegated if you can't beat us' from the Aberdeen experts later on tonight. 

Thank you. 

21 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Actually it was silly of me to add Stephen Glass in with McPake's situation. Must've got carried away with some of the Aberdeen clowns on here.

The facts are Stephen Glass is just in the door and can't be judged yet. Especially as i've seen their last two defeats and they've been far from dreadful. They were dominating St MIrren and looked like the only side going on to win it before getting a silly red card. Celtic got a late goal in a game where Aberdeen battled well. 

As for Dundee we have a manager who is slipping back into mistakes that have been going on for over a year. If Aberdeen play as they have in the last two games they are more than favourites for this game.

Aberdeen fans making out they are going to get relegated after a late concession to Celtic and a sending off is dramatic. Roll on the comments of 'you'll be getting relegated if you can't beat us' from the Aberdeen experts later on tonight. 

Thank you. 

It’s probably the 9 games without a win and 4 defeats in a row as opposed to conceding a goal to Celtic. 

14 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Nice one, that's a blast from the past my man, happier and innocent youthful times except for one small fact.

Aberdeen used to consistently fucking stuff us back then also, lol.

Late 70's / early 80's and the comic was SCOOP.

19800322.thumb.jpg.e712d62725ebdeb8c62e23bb073e8c12.jpg  

I used to work on SCOOP. I was Pat Jennings' ghost writer. We also signed up Kenny Dalglish, Peter Barnes, Mickey Thomas and Glenn Hoddle. Pretty decent five-a side team. 

11 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Lazy, attention seeking type tweets 

Aberdeen have wanted to move games to 6pm for several years. Nothing to do with the American viewing audience.

I've no dog in this fight so I'm not going to argue that.

However, per Aberdeen's news story on the kick off change:

"The later time of 6.00pm for our cinch Premiership match against Dundee at Dens Park on 16th of October was at the request of both teams to allow for international broadcast."

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/09/23/fixture-update-dundee-v-aberdeen/

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I've no dog in this fight so I'm not going to argue that.

However, per Aberdeen's news story on the kick off change:

Yeah, I'd imagine that's the clubs way of making it sound feasible to the relevant authorities but they've said for years that they are missing out on loads of fans who play football on Saturday afternoons. That's what they are trying to tap in to.