Internet access in stadiums

It’s not really something that bothers me until half time, but then everyone will have the same issue.

Hampdens some laugh though, I couldn’t get in to check scores yet someone next to me was streaming ireland v Germany with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, McDiarmid and Ibrox have always been a black hole as far as a data signal goes (on O2) - most others are more or less fine apart from congestion at half time.

I think one of the design characteristics of 5G is more, smaller cells that can be installed where there is concentrated demand, rather than big towers that we rely on a lot still - so maybe this is something that will improve over the next few years.

Internet access? FFS when I started watching football you were lucky to get decent toilets  And if you were female, forget it!
And if you tell the young folk that, they won't believe you...

I think they’d believe you. I think they’d also suggest that it’s a positive thing to advance from such prehistoric times when women couldn’t access toilets.

Switching from 4G to 3G can often help I find at half times etc.

Although would rather no time was put into a fix for this tbh, appreciate most of the posters on here probably only want it sorted so they can check other scores at half time but there’s nothing worse than being sat near folk who are on their phone during the whole game, watch the game ffs.

On 04/10/2021 at 13:41, Les Cabbage said:

Switching from 4G to 3G can often help I find at half times etc.

Although would rather no time was put into a fix for this tbh, appreciate most of the posters on here probably only want it sorted so they can check other scores at half time but there’s nothing worse than being sat near folk who are on their phone during the whole game, watch the game ffs.

Watch the game, yes, but I sometimes need to be in contact with people at home. Even text and phone signal can be poor. Never used to be.

On 03/10/2021 at 15:01, ArabAuslander said:

I've noticed the same issue at Tannadice and McDiarmid this season. Few people I spoke to had the same at New Love Street as well.

I would guess that clubs have maybe switched off the Cell Towers inside their grounds during the pandemic and haven't switched them back on?

Use to get 4G easily in Tannadice as well.

To stop the 5G? 🤔

On 03/10/2021 at 18:55, Gorgie greatness said:

They say a phone mast is underneath the wheatfield stand I’m right above it & I can’t get anything on my phone in Tynecastle 🤬

Normally I'm the same, but strangely enough on Saturday I got decent Internet. I was on Twitter watching replays of the goals minutes after they were scored.  So some other bloke in the Wheatfield also managed to get on and upload a video as well.  I'm with EE. 

As a match day media volunteer i have noticed the WiFi and 4G situation getting worse over the last few years.

Due to the suite WiFi passwords being common knowledge at McDiarmird over the years there are just too many people who use them and the whole system goes down. At the Galatasary game we managed to get the goal graphic for our late goal out 25 minutes after the game finish. That thankfully that prompted the club to get a private network for our own media but i know the general press are unhappy as the press network is very poor and prone to hanging up during games.

Of the away games this season i think ive used my data at them all where as a few years back the clubs systems worked well.