QoS V Partick Th. ( SPFL Trust Trophy)

That's a cracking goal.

That wee guy is absolutely quality.

Literally the only bit of quality is the difference. Brilliant wee player.

Starting to see a pattern here. The wee guy doesn't score tap-ins! So glad it was decent weather tonight and I got to witness his goal in the flesh. An absolute peach of a goal and worth the entry fee alone. The wee guy is quality.

Thought it was a 'meh' first half but a better second half. I actually thought we were relatively comfortable tonight if you take away Debayo's two howlers. How either of them weren't converted was incredible. Easily his worst game for us. His passing was shocking, his heading was practically non-existent and he almost gave away two goals. Contrast that with Brynn who I thought had his best game for us tonight. Took every high ball comfortably and make two or three terrific saves.

A decent performance tonight, a clean sheet and two goals. That's the best thing. I wasn't arsed either way about going through but always good to get a win especially against a side from your division.

Nditi my MotM. Thought he was outstanding throughout.

1st half we had far too.many long balls giving the ball back to Thistle .

Brynn had 2 really good saves to keep us in it .

2nd half much better we actually started to pass the ball.

Connelly what a goal top corner from 25 yards top quality.

Thistle had.a few half chances .

Brynn had another good save really had a good game tonight 

Roy took his goal well taking.it round the keeper.

Good win hopefully keep it going.for the Championship 

Get young Johnston off out of his depth

Nonsense comment. Queens have a decent squad just now. Unfortunately for you, McGrory isn’t part of the starting line up at present. He’s doing fine though and I’m sure he’ll regain his place. That’s football

Thought there was little in it tonight over the piece. Surprised to see so many suggestions that Thistle dominated the first half. We were certainly better 2nd half than 1st but didn't think there was much in it either half to be honest. Thistle missed at least 3 sitters (Brynn producing two terrific one on one saves) and the one moment of real quality won it. Roy adding a cherry on top at the end but it changed nothing.

Big, big decision early on of course. Debayo got it badly wrong and almost certainly fouls whoever it was who was clean through. If he goes down it's a penalty and probably a red card. He stays on his feet but misses the chance. McCall was fizzing and with some justification. We got lucky there.

I accept the whole game's different if the penalty is given but thereafter it was two similarly matched sides with not much in it. Delighted to win though. and another home tie to follow.

Special mention for Sol Brynn who was terrific tonight. Two great saves in one on ones, another good save diving to his left full length first half. A brave physical challenge with Zak Rudden that he didn't flinch from too and he took every high ball that went near him in two hands comfortably. Agree with 19QoS19 that Nditi was excellent too and probably our best outfield player but I'd give man of the match to Sol.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I thought that we were significantly better in the second half than the first. For the first 30, 35 minutes the ball just kept coming back. Playing it long from goal kicks constantly and Paton was never going to win an aerial battle against Holt, although he fought well. 

It looked like somebody had a word with Brynn at half time to start playing it short and we then actually started to build some attacks. Agree Brynn made some excellent saves, but nitpicking his distribution is poor and needs to work on that. 

Connelly superb again. Standing right behind that goal in the terrace and was an absolute screamer. Nditi held the back line together and McKay I feel keeps getting better. Thought Gibson was quietly very effective as well. 

Our side of the draw looks favourable for trying to make it to the final. 

10 hours ago, mckenna said:

Nonsense comment. Queens have a decent squad just now. Unfortunately for you, McGrory isn’t part of the starting line up at present. He’s doing fine though and I’m sure he’ll regain his place. That’s football

Another nonsense comment from yourself. I believe Gibson is our best option on the right side. I think he is so much more effective. It is a squad game re your McGrory comment. As I have said we have to give Liddle no game time to see his ability. We now have 5 options in middle of park 6 if you include Nditi. So we have options all over the park. 

Another nonsense comment from yourself. I believe Gibson is our best option on the right side. I think he is so much more effective. It is a squad game re your McGrory comment. As I have said we have to give Liddle no game time to see his ability. We now have 5 options in middle of park 6 if you include Nditi. So we have options all over the park. 

On that, I thought Liddle was quietly effective last night.

1 hour ago, MOTD Wannabee said:

Both the goals. Highlights later.

That Connelly goal is even better watching it again! What. A. Goal.

I didnt think the one at Inverness would be bettered all season but he's done it himself within a fortnight.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😆

A sideways pass 40 yards from goal and a hacked clearance which is definitely played by Hendrie before Roy latches on to it. That's a reach Mr X. 

Nditi was terrific last night though. 

"The final touch (pass, pass-cum-shot or any other touch) leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal.

If the final touch is deflected by an opposition player, the initiator is only given a goal assist if the receiving player was likely to receive the ball without the deflection having taken place."

So, two assists for Nditi ;)