Overrated shite attractions

I didn’t really enjoy The London Eye. Seeing a load of roofs didn’t really do it for me. Far better seeing the buildings as they are intended to be observed; either at street level with all the hustle and bustle or on a river trip enjoying the architecture from that perspective.

Similarly I probably prefer Blackpool Tower to the Eiffel Tower in Paris; at least Blackpool has a circus and a bar attached, as well as the scary clear glass floor at the top, where folk get nervous looking down 😂 . Paris, like London Eye had views of roofs which you can see for free when you fly into the city. 

Edited by deegee
Spelling

My partner absolutely raves about the Banff Aquarium, and begged us to go during a recent trip up north.

To put it blunt £1 = 1 minute of walking around it. I was out in 15 minutes wondering what the point in the attraction was.

8 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Manekin pis in Brussels is the same. Tiny statue in a wee street. I was very underwhelmed to say the least.

Was just going to post this! We spent hours trying to find it, passing what we thought was a model of it umpteen times. Finally stopped for a Hoegarden right in front of it only then to realise this shitty little garden fountain was it.

The V&A was indeed utter shite when I visited.

The Hunterian Museum just bored the tits off me. Pretentious as f**k, as was just about everybody else in it.

Edit - the fabled pickled boaby was also nowhere to be found.

Edited by eez-eh

Checkpoint Charlie is complete shite, a total tourist trap. About ten thousand better attractions in Berlin.

Deep Sea World is shit, it’s tiny and a bit run down. The restaurant is crap as well.

The Little Mermaid statue is also crap, no wonder people keep stealing it or trying to destroy it.

I did the Old Trafford tour years ago, it was pretty ropey. 

In Cyprus there is a beach they have decided is Aphrodite’s beach and have spun the story if you swim round the rock you’ll find love. It’s a shit beach and thanks to the branding is rammed with stupid tourists taking photos of each other. There are about ten thousand better things to see on the island.

I went to Christiana in Copenhagen and thought it was shite. Just loads of drug pushers side eyeing you, crusty types selling home made hippy tat and students pretending to be rebellious by smoking a spliff. Pish.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I was on my holidays in the ancient kingdom of Central today. 

The wife persuaded me to go to the Kelpies and the Helix Park. Absolute shite. The Kelpies are impressive from the road but the rest of the place is a swamp bound by dual carriageways and under electric pylons- fucking grim.

To prove I'm not just down on other places the V&A in Dundee is utterly shite. Lovely to look at but f**k all inside.

In foreign climes I'll go statue of liberty. Like the Kelpies - impressive from afar but visiting close up does f**k all for it. 

Statue of Liberty is just a total pain in the arse from start to finish.

The Goia museum in Zaragoza.  It's predicated on the flawed theory he influenced art. The first floor is art before Goia - dark, poorly lit and awful paintings. The second floor is Goia arriving on the scene - slightly less dark, poorly lit and awful paintings. The third floor is art after Goia educated the world - bright and full of awful paintings.

Saving grace was a collection of postcards showing French squaddies cutting up Spaniards.