Overrated shite attractions

I was on my holidays in the ancient kingdom of Central today. 

The wife persuaded me to go to the Kelpies and the Helix Park. Absolute shite. The Kelpies are impressive from the road but the rest of the place is a swamp bound by dual carriageways and under electric pylons- fucking grim.

To prove I'm not just down on other places the V&A in Dundee is utterly shite. Lovely to look at but f**k all inside.

In foreign climes I'll go statue of liberty. Like the Kelpies - impressive from afar but visiting close up does f**k all for it. 

42 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

To prove I'm not just down on other places the V&A in Dundee is utterly shite. Lovely to look at but f**k all inside.

Harsh - the clubbing exhibition was excellent i thought, and the permanent exhibition is alright for free.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I was on my holidays in the ancient kingdom of Central today. 

The wife persuaded me to go to the Kelpies and the Helix Park. Absolute shite. The Kelpies are impressive from the road but the rest of the place is a swamp bound by dual carriageways and under electric pylons- fucking grim.

In foreign climes I'll go statue of liberty. Like the Kelpies - impressive from afar but visiting close up does f**k all for it. 

We got tickets to go inside and climb up to the top a few years back.  You got a view out from the crown.  It was ace.

25 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Anyone I’ve ever matched and met with on Tinder.  Also Las Vegas.

Some bits about Vegas are a bit seedy, but cmon been a few times, world class entertainment, restaurants, 5 star hotels and all the madness, its no where near overrated. 
Overrated attraction for me Kelvingrove museum and gotta be honest Edinburgh zoo just made me feel pretty sad for the animals. Same for the sea life centre at Loch Lomond, animals are in tanks that are far too small. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Two of the ones I was going to mention have already been mentioned, so I'll go with:

Central Park in New York. Yeah, it's a big park, well done. Maybe I caught it on a bad day, but I was underwhelmed. 

Jemaa el-Fna in Marrakech. In fairness, I knew I would hate this place before I went, but felt I was obliged to go and see it. As expected, I got fed up pretty quickly of irritating people in my face trying to flog me various shit. Really don't see the appeal of it whatsoever. 

I also went to Deep Sea World in June, having not been for about 25 years. Maybe I was just a bit annoyed at the entrance price relative to. How long I was there, but I thought it was pretty shit.  

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Two of the ones I was going to mention have rwady been mentioned, so I'll go with:

Central Park in New York. Yeah, it's a big park, well done. Maybe I caught it on a bad day, but I was underwhelmed. 

Jemaa el-Fna in Marrakech. In fairness, I knew I would hate this place before I went, but felt I was obliged to go and see it. As expected, I got fed up pretty quickly of irritating people in my face trying to flog me various shit. Really don't see the appeal of it whatsoever. 

I also went to Deep Sea World in June, having not been for about 25 years. Maybe I was just a bit annoyed at the entrance price relative to. How long I was there, but I thought it was pretty shit.  

Central Park is just a big park but as a place to breathe in NYC it's a very welcome bit of peace and quiet. Its not actualygood but you can chill and/or recognise places from Home Alone 2

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Central Park is just a big park but as a place to breathe in NYC it's a very welcome bit of peace and quiet. Its not actualygood but you can chill and/or recognise places from Home Alone 2

I think that's probably it - been overhyped from several films and therefore only could underwhelm. 

I did enjoy seeing the spots from Home Alone 2, though. Alas, no snow on the ground in mid-May. 

38 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

I couldn't believe the V&A in Dundee as IA says. There was absolutely f**k all in the place. I went with my 2 young boys and being used to stuff like the Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh they were like, "what the f**k was that?"

I can't blame them.

I’ve only been to the V&A once. The free exhibition was rammed as it was just opened. I did think ‘it’s just a big f**k off stair and a restaurant.’

However, the pay in exhibition at the time was ‘age of steam’ about cruise ships like Titanic and it was impressive enough and not particularly busy as few people wanted to pay.

I didn't think much of Nairn beach compared to other Scottish beaches. Mind you it was blowing a hoolie and pissing down when I was there so I'm prepared to give it a second chance.

Sent from a 90s shellsuit using KappaTalk