VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Have you ever actually watched a game with VAR before? Far more often than not, officials just wash their hands rather than making a big decision and wait for the other clown watching a screen to tell them what to do next. It's a shitebag's charter.

The VAR official for last night's game was Willie Collum, and the SFA's head of officials (not exact title) is Crawford fucking Allan. They're in no position to kick anyone else up the arse for incompetence. 

Can only go on VAR in Scottish games as that's what we're talking about, and so far it has been decent in the Hearts game today and St Johnstone game last night.

Yeah Collum isn't always great on the pitch but is away from that platform, hiding in a wee room, away from fan pressure too. So far so good with VAR imo, dare say like everything else, it wont 100% get everything right with human error being involved though. Hopefully it will be an improvement on what we've been getting.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It took 3 minutes to give a stonewall penalty, that's not acceptable, teething problems or not.

Shows if it wasn't there Walsh was never going to give a penalty though. Yeah needs to be quicker than that though, that was my main concern, wasting the game for fans inside the ground having to wait so long for decisions.

*edit. Apologies for not using multi quote, made the rooking mistake of not reading through the posts before replying to each one that caught my attention.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Shows if it wasn't there Walsh was never going to give a penalty though. Yeah needs to be quicker than that though, that was my main concern, wasting the game for fans inside the ground having to wait so long for decisions.
*edit. Apologies for not using multi quote, made the rooking mistake of not reading through the posts before replying to each one that caught my attention.
The delay is to be expected while the officials get used to it...I'd imagine things will speed up once they've been using it a while

BT Sport critical of VAR giving a red for Livingston when the ref had only awarded an on field yellow.

Clearly don't understand how Scottish football works when Rangers are behind with ten minutes to go... 

56 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Interesting, first VAR intervention goes in favour of one of the bigots?

55 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Well, no. The first intervention was to give a penalty against Celtic. 

53 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

I was not awake that early.
Have the Sevco scored yet? 20 minutes added on time?

It also intervened to award the first Dons goal, TBF.

Yeah, we got a penalty that we wouldn't otherwise have got, but we've just scored three (four really) times against Celtic and I didn't celebrate a single one of them with my usual gay abandon, because every goal is checked, and every goal has to be approved, and we have to wait for that, and there are still decisions that rankle, and mistakes are still made.

So, we've lost all the fun of football in exchange for what?

f**k VAR 

1 minute ago, FozzysFence said:

Yeah, we got a penalty that we wouldn't otherwise have got, but we've just scored three (four really) times against Celtic and I didn't celebrate a single one of them with my usual gay abandon, because every goal is checked, and every goal has to be approved, and we have to wait for that, and there are still decisions that rankle, and mistakes are still made.

So, we've lost all the fun of football in exchange for what?

f**k VAR 

Know your place pleb. The administrative busybody state knows best.

2 hours ago, resk said:

It also intervened to award the first Dons goal, TBF.

Do you think the linesman thought that was offside? No one else did, I felt he chucked the flag up as if to say, it’s worth a check given we have the system.