VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Marginal calls have been taking away,Before the linesman would make the call straight away and stand with his flag up.

Which is now a terrible idea if there's both a potential goalscoring opportunity and a system to double check for offside. That is probably the only credible benefit that VAR brings to a game. Overall the negatives far outweigh those positives though and so it belongs in the bin alongside 3D TVs.  

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

What utter bollocks, the only person trying to make this "something" is you...............and we all know that you have a history of posting increasing levels of shite until you have to take a wee rest from the forum.

Are you so myopic you can't see past one of your own players? I'm guessing not. He was found to be cheating last night, you are clearly annoyed about that. In regard to "history of posting increasing levels of shite", care to point to anything in my post that is incorrect? Did he go to SA? Yes. Does that country execute people for disagreeing with religious doctrine? Yes. Did he take his family? No. It's all very transparent. Stop defending these actions, it only reflects badly upon you.

As for @craigkillie trite post, it makes no sense, it's typical low value whataboutery and irrelevant in regard to the topic, but then they know that it's just usual shit posting.

32 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Marginal calls have been taking away,Before the linesman would make the call straight away and stand with his flag up.

The assistant is still making their decision at the time, the only difference is that they are waiting to put their flag up to indicate that decision.

I'm generally pro VAR, in concept at least. I think the point a lot of peoplr forget is that it is literally just a ref looking at replays. The main issues people have with it are just refs being shite rather than the system itself.

But despite my overall favour of it, the infuriating bit about it is that pundits just bleat on about it at every and any opportunity. Most of it is proper old men shouting at clouds pish, i imagine it will be soul destroying listening to our more common pundits talking about it non stop. 

The main issues fans have with it are the lengthy delays, which would happen regardless of whether every decision was made 100% correctly. If we had some sort of instant VAR (which is clearly impossible) there would be far less criticism.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

The time between the attacking player being offside. And lino flagging, imo a player could be seriously injured. Who's fault would that be 🤔

The player who injured him and/or those who make the rules regarding when a linesman should raise their flag.

You're certainly not suggesting that it would be the fault of the linesman for doing their job as directed are you?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The main issues fans have with it are the lengthy delays, which would happen regardless of whether every decision was made 100% correctly. If we had some sort of instant VAR (which is clearly impossible) there would be far less criticism.

Assuming youre responding to my post, i agree with you.

But the delay is in the VAR official dicking about with various replays and slow motions. The delays are still just human error/faffing about.

Should be a 30 second time limit once play is stopped. If they cant come to a conclusion in that time, go with on field decision.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
3 minutes ago, FTOF said:
Stonewall penalty.

Why is it taking sooooooooo fuccckkking looooooooong.

You can just about understand it not being awarded in real time.

However, one look at the replay and it should have sorted in seconds.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Stonewall penalty.

Walsh was in a great position as well. He has to give that straight away.

It looked a stonewaller at the time and in every single replay. Mental it took them that long to make the decision.

Maybe that had to check with their bosses before giving a big decision against the OF.

Just now, FTOF said:

You can just about understand it not being awarded in real time.

However, one look at the replay and it should have sorted in seconds.

As soon as the game is delayed they should be over at the screen, cut the time down in half.

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I decided to miss out on Paisley today as have to be home sharpish: discovering VAR commences in that match was the factor which swayed me. 

I should maybe have ordered my Indian meal delivery to arrive a bit later.<_<

There's also got to be a check of the APP (attacking phase of possession), the penalty might be confirmed on the first couple of replays but you need to rewind a bit to confirm there's not been a Hearts foul or offside in the build-up. Not doubt it'll get quicker and refs will get into VAR-mode and not blow the whistle too early like the Ralston header.

Also, Neil McCann on Sportsound "tHaT'S gOt To Be ChEcKeD" - holy f**k, everything is checked FFS. :guns

Edited by Ginaro