VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see Scottish football kicking and screaming it's way forward.

f**k Andy Gray and Sky, it all started with him and his daft lines and arrows. Every game is now over analysed and it's sucking the joy out of it.

Take us back to the pre- wall to wall tv days. Simpler times when, with the exception of the highlights of a couple of games on Scotsport to pore over on a Saturday night, bar a grumble in the pub with your mates the rest of the games were over and the result accepted by the time you left the ground at ten to five.

f**k progress, and f**k VAR!!

Watching Fergie’s Furies at Love St in the 70’s, I remember listening to auld geezers moaning about the modern game. I thought to myself I hope I never turn out like them, but you know what it’s true. Modern fitba is pish. 

VAR is just another nail in the coffin of a game I fell in love with.

It’s maybe fine for Tory voting types who like cricket, American football, rugby and tennis.

FCUK VAR

FCUK TV deals

FCUK Corporate sponsorship 

FCUK UEFA and FIFA

FCUK the SFA

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They we're mid-table so it didn't relegate them, and it was nothing to do with the watch, but rather something to do with all the cameras being obscured by players.

Yeah.  Goal-line stramash obscured all 6 (I think) GLT cameras.  TV camera showed the ball clearly over which made it even funnier.

The people that demanded VAR are already greetin' about it. 

Maybe we should have English pundits writing in the Scottish media, so we can avoid partisan ex-pros churning out embarrassing fanzine-style journalism. 

11 hours ago, RedEd said:

Was it Sheffield United who were relegated when the ball was clearly over the line, but the ref didn't award a goal as his watch (or whatever they wear) didn't buzz?

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They we're mid-table so it didn't relegate them, and it was nothing to do with the watch, but rather something to do with all the cameras being obscured by players.

Aston Villa stayed up because that goal wasn't given (assuming they went on to lose that game 1-0). Bournemouth went down because of it.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

Aston Villa stayed up because that goal wasn't given (assuming they went on to lose that game 1-0). Bournemouth went down because of it.

Nope.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Villa stayed up by a point and with a goal difference of -26. Bournemouth had a goal difference of -25, so yip.

And how did those teams reach those goal differences? Was there perhaps an entire season of games beforehand?

And was the final whistle immediately blown after the disallowed goal?

Edited by DA Baracus

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Found a source which says Michael Oliver's watch buzzed at half-time, but it won't let me copy the full link.

The linesman should been able to use his Mark 1 eyeball instead.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

And how did those teams reach those goal differences? Was there perhaps an entire season of games beforehand?

And was the final whistle immediately blown after the disallowed goal?

And I thought I was a pedant. Congratulations for taking the title from me.

8 minutes ago, RedEd said:

And I thought I was a pedant. Congratulations for taking the title from me.

I don't believe that single decisions relegate clubs or keep them up etc.

Bournemouth were consistently not good enough over an entire season. I don't see how it is the fault of a single decision that they missed chances in games throughout the season, that they didn't defend well enough for certain goals etc.

There's also no guarantee that the score in the game where the goal was disallowed would have went in Aston Villa's favour. It could have. But it could not have. 

Clubs and players are utterly abdicating their personal responsibility by saying a single decision has cost them, despite not being good enough over a sustained period.

Also, since you mentioned pedantry, I think VAR is exactly that; pedantic (among other things).

TL;DR: I disagree that single decisions relegate teams.

Edited by DA Baracus

19 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The climb downs and walk backs when the Old Firm still get all the favourable decisions and/or when your team gets shafted after a 10 minute wait for a VAR check will be a sight to behold.

The armchair loyal must be delighted.

I think I have said this about 7 times across a few threads, the amount of petty wee skiffs that result in a Celtic/Rangers player throwing themselves to the ground will increase 10 fold.

17 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I saw something on the news about it. A man scored a goal from a yard out tackling the goalie 

Best league in the world mate...

Fannying about with the baw is also a modern fitba thing that every team has to try emulate these days. That's another thread though.

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

The people that demanded VAR are already greetin' about it. 

Maybe we should have English pundits writing in the Scottish media, so we can avoid partisan ex-pros churning out embarrassing fanzine-style journalism. 

Deary me.

That c**t doesn't go a week without embarassing himself these days.

On 19/04/2022 at 17:38, HibsFan said:

Between this and Ron Gordon showing himself up as a clueless c**t I think that's enough of football for me for the foreseeable. :lol:

Ron Gordon is deemed a clueless c**t for binning a Manager that presided over Hibs finishing bottom 6 and losing to “them” twice in a week. Oh aye, what a clueless c**t he is. 

36 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Ron Gordon is deemed a clueless c**t for binning a Manager that presided over Hibs finishing bottom 6 and losing to “them” twice in a week. Oh aye, what a clueless c**t he is. 

Didn't he just come out and say they rushed the appointment of Maloney? Seems pretty clueless to bin a manager without having a replacement lined up and then rush to appointment someone you know is a risk.