VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably there will be a static camera in line with the goal line which should cover most cases where there is a close call.

I think that's unlikely. The non-televised games will have six cameras (seven for Alba games), which means the addition of one camera at each 18-yard line on top of what's currently used for highlights.

Fixed goal-line cameras are a luxury in VAR terms.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Although extremely less likely considering he's a prolific member of an online forum dedicated to football.

It's possible to be a die hard supporter of your team and not give a f**k about other leagues that you've got no connection to whatsoever - I'm in that boat myself. 

1 minute ago, Swello said:

It's possible to be a die hard supporter of your team and not give a f**k about other leagues that you've got no connection to whatsoever - I'm in that boat myself. 

Yeah same. I have considerably less time to watch football than I did as a younger guy so I won’t watch anything other than Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

This is the crux of it for me.

You see football as “entertainment”. 

I see it as a competitive sport where the players and teams deserve it to be fairly officiated.

I suggest you go to the theatre instead, then you’ll get the drama you want. 

Bobby Williamson found

7 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

A Scottish football Forum that is...

Yes, but it's not a crazy leap to suggest someone passionate enough about Scottish football to join a forum talking about it *might* take a glance at an EPL or CL game once or twice.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

If I only watched Scottish football then I'd be fucking miserable tbh.

36 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

The standard of officiating in Scotland is truly terrible,

I like a moan as much as the next fan but this a nonsense take. Of course they make mistakes but so do players, coaches and indeed stewards. The sheer amount of decisions they have to make at normal speed in one game alone is a mammoth task.  

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

I've been to only one game which had VAR, the aforementioned Scotland v Israel.

I celebrated when Dykes scored, I celebrated again when the Ref awarded it.

It wasn't difficult.

Good for you. I would love to be so unbothered about the consequences that I could genuinely celebrate a goal with as much gusto even if I'm not sure if it's definitely going to stand. But I can't, so there we go.

29 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Because, you will find that scottish footballs fans to a man, woman and child, will watch some form of football outside Scotland.

I don't, or at least I can't remember the last time I watched a non-Scottish domestic game.

I don't watch football because it's a sport; I watch it because I have an emotional attachment to St Johnstone, or Scotland. If I valued football purely as a sporting spectacle, I sure as f*** wouldn't be going up to McDiarmid every other week.

Edited by Mr Heliums

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Especially if you have a young family. It's hard enough getting the time to watch your own team without having to justify watching Scunthorpe.  That and the fact that I find it difficult to watch a game where I couldn't give a toss who wins.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yes, but it's not a crazy leap to suggest someone passionate enough about Scottish football to join a forum talking about it *might* take a glance at an EPL or CL game once or twice.

Why? The Cinch is absolutely top notch entertainment from 3rd top all the way to the bottom of League 2.

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There's no level of Motherwell related misery that could drive me to watch the tinpot, tourist shite on offer down south - during shite runs of form, I tend to totally blank everything football related other than actually going to the game on a Saturday :)

Anyway - this tweet has got me annoyed again - can anyone spot the missing stakeholder group  here?:

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

There's no level of Motherwell related misery that could drive me to watch the tinpot, tourist shite on offer down south - during shite runs of form, I tend to totally blank everything football related other than actually going to the game on a Saturday :)

Anyway - this tweet has got me annoyed again - can anyone spot the missing stakeholder group  here?:

There's more than just the PL though - La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, CL, International games etc.

Maybe I'm the only one but if I was so busy that all I could watch was Scottish football then I'd probably pack it in completely.

The buzz and bounce of scoring a goal is the best thing about football for me and this feels like it will ruin the moment now there’s always that feeling it might be overturned a minute later. So for that reason I’m sad about this.

Best example is our Scottish cup final winner in 2014. Just wouldn’t have been the same if we had to wait 2/3 minutes while someone in a room decides if Maclean was offside/slid in to Czerzniak too forcefully or whatever.

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

The buzz and bounce of scoring a goal is the best thing about football for me and this feels like it will ruin the moment now there’s always that feeling it might be overturned a minute later. So for that reason I’m sad about this.

Best example is our Scottish cup final winner in 2014. Just wouldn’t have been the same if we had to wait 2/3 minutes while someone in a room decides if Maclean was offside/slid in to Czerzniak too forcefully or whatever.

Aye. Football let’s you down 99% of the time. The reason you return time and time again to such misery are the big moments of unbridled joy. 

I just don’t get that people are willing to sacrifice that.