VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, kenrobell said:

Third are not going to agree to paying double what bottom pay not when their isn’t a huge difference between prize money

It's just coming out of the Premiership prize pot basically, so every position will have the same percentage reduction in prize money.

4 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

More detail on the sums here. £67,594 for 11th and 12th rising up to £195,751 for 1st. Pocket change for the OF but that's a couple of first team players for the smaller clubs in the league. 

SPFL are on the hunt for a VAR sponsor and issue a plan to divide the estimated £1.4m annual cost | Daily Mail Online

What ridiculous lengths to go to for something that supporters (that go to games) do not want.

I drafted an email to send to my club before deciding to patch it, as I emailed them earlier this season when the first mumblings of this broke and they clearly ignored it.

I know it’s a cliche but football really has been stolen from us by a bunch of wealth hoarding Tory charlatans.

Not that it’ll affect Dundee any time soon, but one advantage of this should be that every game will have at least six cameras for the highlights. Presumably the current four will have 18-yard cameras added. 

Unless they end up being for VAR only, as happened for some FA Cup replays down south a few seasons ago. I think it was Newcastle v Rochdale in January 2020 that had a full multi-camera OB, but the BBC could only use a single camera to show highlights. 

On 12/04/2022 at 09:31, lanky_ffc said:

More detail on the sums here. £67,594 for 11th and 12th rising up to £195,751 for 1st. Pocket change for the OF but that's a couple of first team players for the smaller clubs in the league. 

SPFL are on the hunt for a VAR sponsor and issue a plan to divide the estimated £1.4m annual cost | Daily Mail Online

The amount of times it'll be used should attract sponsors i'd imagine, though the hatred towards it may not be quite what a sponsor wants when being associated with it.😂

VAR is a great idea that is being very very very very badly used especially if rules are being changed to suit it. There have been some horrific decisions over the last couple of weeks that should have put the most ardent of supporters off it. Forget it until they can get their act together.

Also introducing it mid season is ridiculous but we're talking Scottish football here.

55 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The amount of times it'll be used should attract sponsors i'd imagine, though the hatred towards it may not be quite what a sponsor wants when being associated with it.😂

Cinch should just sponsor it, then 'the rangers' will refuse to use it. 

The Well Society send out an email to members today asking for their opinion before the deadline, which will be discussed at Society and Executive level before a vote is made. Not sure if it will actually make a difference, but I fired an email off anyway talking about how crap it is - more eloquently put of course.  I honestly believe VAR will do more damage to the game than good, which it seems most other season ticket holders agree with.

People complain about the league being tinpot but don't want us to use technology the same as all the top leagues (and in tier two in some countries) in the world?

I think it would get good publicity and will attract a very decent sponsor. 

18 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

People complain about the league being tinpot but don't want us to use technology the same as all the top leagues (and in tier two in some countries) in the world?

Tin pot is doing something just because everyone else is. Standing back and having the courage to say we'll wait until we're convinced it's working properly is far from it. Obviously Hampden will do the former though as England have it and they also don't want a couple of their refs to miss out on a jolly at a major tournament.

1 minute ago, Charles Stiles said:

Tin pot is doing something just because everyone else is. Standing back and having the courage to say we'll wait until we're convinced it's working properly is far from it. Obviously Hampden will do the former though as England have it and they also don't want a couple of their refs to miss out on a jolly at a major tournament.

That's not the case though, it's deep down because it will cost clubs some money. 

Every nation has it that isn't tinpot, not just England. 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

When I'm bored out my tits at a match waiting for a decision, or when I realise that I've stopped celebrating goals properly because they can be chalked off for any manner of minor infringements well after the fact, I'll comfort myself with the thought of all that good publicity.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

When I'm bored out my tits at a match waiting for a decision, or when I realise that I've stopped celebrating goals properly because they can be chalked off for any manner of minor infringements well after the fact, I'll comfort myself with the thought of all that good publicity.

What about celebrating awards such as goals/disallowed ones/penalties once the video ref has it correct?  It all adds to the excitement.  

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What about celebrating awards such as goals/disallowed ones/penalties once the video ref has it correct?  It all adds to the excitement.  

Aye. What really adds to the moment in a celebration is loads of standing about waiting before it happens. Especially when you've not got a fucking clue what's going on.

😀

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye. What really adds to the moment in a celebration is loads of standing about waiting before it happens. Especially when you've not got a fucking clue what's going on.

😀

It does actually when you watch the games from down south.  Go mental, shite yourself, go mental again or into despair.    When we got a couple decisions at Hampden v Israel and Austria away I wasn't sitting thinking this is ruining the game :lol: 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No bother.  If it gets the correct outcome it's what matters.  

The correct outcome is Hearts winning. Beyond that, not interested.

For example, I'm delighted that there was no VAR to overturn Oor Craig Thomson giving the penalty in the 2012 Cup Final Massacre. As without that, Hibs' ten men would probably have gone on to win 6-2.

Get VAR to f**k.