VAR in Scottish Football

VAR in Scottish Football  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

April 19th is D Day.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-040422

The Scottish Professional Football League can today confirm that there will be a vote on Tuesday 19 April on whether to introduce VAR to the cinch Premiership.

The SPFL has this afternoon circulated a resolution to all 42 member clubs, who will be asked to vote on its introduction at the SPFL General Meeting on that date.

The resolution requires 75% of cinch Premiership clubs, 75% of clubs in the cinch Championship and 75% of clubs in cinch Leagues 1 and 2 combined to vote in favour.

If the resolution is passed, the target implementation date for VAR will be following conclusion of the Qatar World Cup 2022, which takes place between 21 November and 18
December this year.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Enjoying the idea of the League 1 and 2 clubs voting it down just for a laugh.

Does the way this vote is structured mean that VAR money is coming out of the central SPFL pot. Why would leauge 1 and 2 clubs vote for it if it means losing money for something they will see no benefit from?

Does the way this vote is structured mean that VAR money is coming out of the central SPFL pot. Why would leauge 1 and 2 clubs vote for it if it means losing money for something they will see no benefit from?

I think the original proposals all had the Premiership clubs paying it out of their share of prize money.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Cannot wait to be in a ground for a 5 min delay to see if Connor sammon isc a shoelace offside at the indorill stadium....get this shite in the sea 

Ps forgot to mention I know it's only for the top league at this stage 

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think this means a vote needs to be taken on change of prize money percentages in order to cover the cost,  that might not be a simple process.

It can't be a change in prize money percentages, because that would require 90% from the top flight, not 75%.

I do wonder what the general feeling among fans actually is. On here most folk are (rightly) against it, but I'm not sure that's shared by fans in Scotland at large.

Not that it matters mind, as clubs wouldn't imagine consulting their fans on this anyway.

Can see this shite passing unfortunately. Looks like it will be in the Premiership from next season. Thankfully that means that my club won't have it.

Asked on more than one occasion, but does anyone actually know how this will work in the SPFL? Fairly obviously, our version is going to be cheaper to run and won't have the same bells and whistles, but just how shite is the question?